Eric Loves Rey

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

33 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

What are the odds the movie finishes with something like 850/2000/2850, becoming WW champion, TFA stays DOM champion, and Avatar stays OS champion?

Unless I'm missing something Boxofficemojo has Avatar at $2.788 Bill.....

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Anybody else seeing far fewer showtimes at their local theaters today? The 28 screen AMC near me has about 8-10 fewer showings today than yesterday with many of the late evening/night shows gone as well as some daytime ones.

In the absence of Monday spillover and Tuesday discounts, the Wednesday and Thursday screen counts will probably be as close to 'normal' as we get for now. 

Edited by BiffMan

51 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BTW. Look forward to break non-Avengers Saturday record in 2nd weekend. Need just $69.6mn. I am expecting $72mn.

Dear God you are expecting an awesome weekend! 45/72/52 type of weekend?

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

47 72 55

That would be a 174M second weekend or in other words a Beauty and the Beast 17'-Opening as the 2nd weekend.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

47 72 55

If I may ask, are you using pre-sales data to reach this conclusion, or are using other films as a basis of modeling??

That seems like a too-good-to-be-true kind of hold.

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

That would be a 174M second weekend or in other words a Beauty and the Beast 17'-Opening as the 2nd weekend.

Black panther dropped 44.7%. this drop would be 51.5%. In my crazy wide range of 142-203 it's right in the middle.

If Thursday manages like say 23.5

Friday bump 100%

Saturday 53%

Sunday -23.6%

Hardest one I see is Sunday (might be harder drop)

5 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

If I may ask, are you using pre-sales data to reach this conclusion, or are using other films as a basis of modeling??

That seems like a too-good-to-be-true kind of hold.

Perhaps but a cinema A+ film with the high presales for a movie it's in 2nd week. Might fall under but I think it's very possible

Edited by cdsacken

10 minutes ago, Sue Denim said:

That seems like a too-good-to-be-true kind of hold

Naa, that's purely an optimistic prediction using a 102% Fri and 55% Sat bump.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1