Eric Loves Rey

Avengers: Endgame Tuesday Thread (4/30): 33.11M (3rd best Tuesday ever, 2nd best non-opening)

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BTW. Look forward to break non-Avengers Saturday record in 2nd weekend. Need just $69.6mn. I am expecting $72mn.

I do not appreciate how you downplay Jurassic Worlds number here :sadno:

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

What are the odds the movie finishes with something like 850/2000/2850, becoming WW champion, TFA stays DOM champion, and Avatar stays OS champion?

Highly possible

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I do not appreciate how you downplay Jurassic Worlds number here :sadno:

YOU COULD NOT LIVE WITH HOW SMALL THOSE NUMBERS ARE NOW....

WHAT HAS IT LEAD YOU TO....

🤣

(JK JK) 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No need to worry Sonic is releasing in November.

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Pika hater spotted. @Nova

@Brainbug is getting back at me for all the shit talking I threw at him when Fallen Kingdom came out 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gokai Red said:

What are the odds the movie finishes with something like 850/2000/2850, becoming WW champion, TFA stays DOM champion, and Avatar stays OS champion?

Would make all 3 fanbases happy.

(Eh, who am I kidding, that’s never gonna happen) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

1. I think human nature makes it difficult to and concede that. ......

2. because people have inherent biases and belong to different fan factions.

1. not all are here at BOT for 'this and that is the best...'  whatever = belongs not in the dailies for a reason

2. exactly why it belongs into the fanboy wars thread

There is a reason I stay away from any thread related to e.g. Avatar beside loving that movie

= its no fun for people not interested into 'mine is the biggest' crap, too many (not yours I guess out of other threads you post in) rather arrogant, .... not respecting others posts there

There is a reason why the BOT rules say:

no Avatar,... comparison whatever posts in the dailies (exceptions exists, but only in a small way)

All those derailment take away the fun for the people into other details / POV in connection to BO.

Also to those, who simply want to celebrate 'their' movie, no matter if it is an actual blockbuster, or a movie ending on #101 of a year's chart.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

BTW. Look forward to break non-Avengers Saturday record in 2nd weekend. Need just $69.6mn. I am expecting $72mn.

Yes, this looks likely to me. Implied Weekend from 72 would be some 173-177, optimistic without buying Deadline’s mega-aggressive Numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Yes, this looks likely to me. Implied Weekend from 72 would be some 173-177, optimistic without buying Deadline’s mega-aggressive Numbers.

That'd be around a 51% drop, which would be freaking incredible tbh, would definitely leave 1B+ domestic in play.  I don't even know what to think of that 180-200M prediction.  I mean, 200M would be a better drop than Black Panther.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

MCU is unique in keeping its fanbase mostly happy over 22 films lol 

Yeah, thats actually a really good point. The only three films in the MCU that got some sort of fan backlash were i think Incredible Hulk, Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, maybe Age Roughly two weeks of Ultron as well but it wasnt anything major. Phase 3 especially just pumped out 1 movie after another that the clear majority of Marvel Fans and casual moviegovers loved or atleast liked. Thats incredibly impressive.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

That'd be around a 51% drop, which would be freaking incredible tbh, would definitely leave 1B+ domestic in play.  I don't even know what to think of that 180-200M prediction.  I mean, 200M would be a better drop than Black Panther.

Well, the worst drop for A+ MCU is 50.3 ;)    

Spoiler

Obviously N=2 creates bound that this could easily fall out of.

Anybody else seeing far fewer showtimes at their local theaters today? The 28 screen AMC near me has about 8-10 fewer showings today than yesterday with many of the late evening/night shows gone as well as some daytime ones.