sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

Poms can take solace in the fact that it's not the only bomb this weekend as Tolkien opened with a PTA just $7 higher than Poms on Friday. Given the unimpressive reviews, it's not all that surprising as reviews make or break films like this. Plus, Hoult is not a star despite (or due to?) being buried under Beast make-up and CGI. He should move to light-hearted fare and fill the void left by the aging McConaughey and Pitt. There is no one occupying that space right now and Hoult has the acting chops and face for it.

6 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

Haters of Shrek are just upset that they aren't All Stars.

It's not all it's cracked up to be. Look at James Harden

Edited by MrPink
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

I like Shrek 4 more than Shrek 1.

Funny how we can discuss and debate and express an animated film where fans and those who hate it get along but god forbid us discussing a CBM/Star Wars Movie.

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I completely forgot that Tolkien movie was being released.

And what the heck is Poms?

A movie in which Diane Keaton and a bunch of other talented old lady actresses who deserve better become cheerleaders, I guess. My mom is a big fan of Keaton and even she has no desire to see it after the terrible reviews which is all you need to know really.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I like Shrek 4 more than Shrek 1.

Funny how we can discuss and debate and express an animated film where fans and those who hate it get along but god forbid us discussing a CBM/Star Wars Movie.

Talking CBMs and Star Wars is like talking politics these days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A movie in which Diane Keaton and a bunch of other talented old lady actresses who deserve better become cheerleaders, I guess. My mom is a big fan of Keaton and even she has no desire to see it after the terrible reviews which is all you need to know really.

That does not sound good

4 minutes ago, Juby said:

It's all estimated! TDK wasn't in 3D and had far less IMAXes, no 4DX screens, and so on. Endgame probably still didn't passed TDK and first Avengers, but will do in couple of weeks.

Yeah, that’s simply not true. Average ticket prices for movies in 2008 was around $7.30 whereas it’s 9.35 in 2019.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/187091/average-ticket-price-at-north-american-movie-theaters-since-2001/

For Endgame to be at 58-60 million admissions. Let’s say, Endgame is going to be at 735 million dollars this weekend.. Average price of ticket would be around 13 dollars/ticket. Each ticket would be 4-5 dollars higher than the average ticket price listed on the chart above. I don’t buy that for a second. At my theater, one of the busiest in the USA. 

Regular admisson 8.50. For Matinee $10.50 for evenings.  For screening room 21+ 17.50. Imax 8.97 daytime. 10.97 at night. Balcony grand auditorium 13.65, evenings 16.65. Kids is about two dollars cheaper per ticket. Averages around $10 a show per ticket. Still way short of the $13 per ticket. This is a huge theater. Most theaters don’t have a variety of options this one offers. Endgame has beaten TDK in admissions already. 

Could be wrong though. 

Nice number for Pikachu. Gonna try to see it on Tuesday.

Not liking that Endgame is going to have another hefty drop. Disappointed its legs are going to be similar to CW/AOU after the reception it got.  Curious to see the WW number tomorrow