sfran43

Weekend Thread: Friday Estimates: Pika pi! 20.7m, Assemble! 16.1m, Anne Hathaway! 4m, Cheerleaders: Endgame 1.5m, LotR: Origins 825k

8 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Pikachu Saturday is probably gonna be about a 25. So it'll be at 45 million. I don't see Sunday getting a measly 8 million so I think it's safe to say Pikachu is beating it's tracking.

Saturday higher than OD Friday by 25%? :hahaha:

Edited by youcantseemyname
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

So

Add 5m to rth’s Total for good measure

A solid 100% Saturday bump to 50m.

Slight Sunday decline to 47m

122m OW!

What are you talking about? With 20 it's probably gonna be 60.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, youcantseemyname said:

I'd be amazed if it stays flat. That'd be my prediction as well: 20-20-18=$58M

Nah, Saturdays traditionally increase especially cause now they can fill up the morning showings which they can't do on weekdays. :)

It'll be in the 60's or 70.

1 hour ago, Thanos Legion said:

Think China will win the 1B single market race now, maybe Avengers 6 or so can take another stab at it.

Agreed.  EG was probably the best shot at 1B off that OW. North America is probably 7-10 years away from a $1B movie while China is probably less than 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Nah, Saturdays traditionally increase especially cause now they can fill up the morning showings which they can't do on weekdays. :)

It'll be in the 60's or 70.

That doesn't necessarily apply to OW since you're counting the Thursday Previews in the Friday Total. 

4 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

But if Aladdin fails, it's not going to really matter. Lion King is just around the bend and Disney knows EVERYONE will go to that.

Nope

2 hours ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

If there is one movie from Disney that deserves a 2nd chance, i'd say Atlantis. Definitely one of Disney's underrated gems.

my son agrees to that, we spoke recently about which ones he thinks are underrated / most unddeserved not in the awareness or however you'll call that

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Yes but RTH is pretty accurate

To Charlie's defense:

as he arrived he had a tendency to overestimate in a bigger way (he is rather young, so I guess enthusiasm), then got pretty good.... but told repeatedly about the important exams he'll have to learn for.

Then the announcement for having to stop to do the estimates, as the exams are nearing (for 4 weeks? Or 10 weeks? I forgot the length of the break, they were pushed back once already so I lost the feel for that).

Now he has only one or two snapshot insights daily (if he takes a break from learning) = his esttimates are only a rough estimate in said time

= might be finals, whatever they are, if I remember it right they are rather important for his future = I am grateful he gives some hints, wont ask him any question till he says he is finished with them, and remind him to learn instead, when it seems like too many here reel im back into BO 😉 and guess he will be rather accurate again (excluding the very early ones), if he again has the time and energy/interest to take up the more indepth way to look into BO again.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Pikachu Saturday is probably gonna be about a 25. So it'll be at 45 million. I don't see Sunday getting a measly 8 million so I think it's safe to say Pikachu is beating it's tracking.

So you think its increasing 70% minus previews !!!!!!!!!!:WHATanabe:

• Like 3

Wont have the time to backread the whole thread this weekend nor to read through all upcoming pages (read the last 5 or 6 pages), so please excuse if this was already posted:

'Avengers: Endgame' pushes Disney past $4bn worldwide in year-to-date

The record-breaking antics of Avengers: Endgame have propelled Walt Disney Studios past the $4bn worldwide and $3bn international box office thresholds for the year-to-date.

Disney executives announced the milestones on Friday (10), adding somewhat opportunistically that when Fox releases are added to the equation (following Disney’s acquisition of Fox earlier this year), the global tally surges to $5b.2bn and international climbs to $3.8bn. Disney films alone in 2019 have generated $4.3bn worldwide, and $3.011bn internationally.

Warner Bros Pictures International brass reported on Friday that new release Pokemon Detective Pikachu added $5.8m on Thursday for an early $20.7m from the first 38 markets, including Japan.

Thursday opening day highlights include $534,000 in Australia, $424,000 in Germany, and $404,000 in Thailand. The family animation debuts in a further 24 markets on Friday including the UK. Early results from China on Friday reveal an $11.5m opening day on roughly 20,000 screens to rank number one ahead of Endgame.

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/avengers-endgame-pushes-disney-past-4bn-worldwide-in-year-to-date/5139259.article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1