charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (5/16) Early Estimates.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

so in other words you can't answer the question can you because no one can see the future no one knows the future and therefore you're arguing right now based on possibilities or probabilities or suppositions is completely futile. So thanks for being entertainment for the last two or three pages but your argument is pretty flimsy.

~$2.8 billion is still the maximum amount a movie will ever be able to make.

Theater attendance is in free fall, theaters are closing left and right, and movie theater subscription packages don't pay the studios well enough to push the industry into the $4 billion territory you think it will be in by 2022. Sawwy.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I Am said:

"A breakdown of revenue for U.S. film imports versus movie product from other international territories wasn't included in the official state data released thus far, but the Hollywood majors are expected to have logged a significant decline in the Middle Kingdom this year. According to early reporting from regional box office tracker Artisan Gateway, revenue from U.S. studio films released through China's quota system was down 16.5 percent in late December. The slide is all the more notable given that the North American box office soared to an all-time record total of $11.9 billion in 2018 — suggesting product quality alone can't explain the downturn in China.

The five biggest films at China's box office last year were local blockbusters Operation Red Sea($532 million), Detective Chinatown 2 ($496 million), Dying to Survive ($452 million), Hello Mr. Billionaire ($367 million) and Hollywood's solitary top-five contender Avengers: Infinity War ($349 million)."

This continuing to be ignored has me in my feels, still. ☺️

5 minutes ago, I Am said:

This continuing to be ignored has me in my feels, still. ☺️

You can stop pat yourself on the back now, I already replied to that post a while ago, like on Page 6...

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I'm just ignoring him because I literally have him on ignore.  No idea what he's saying

How weird is it seeing the conversation from one side? do we look insane? 

Just now, cdsacken said:

I think it's wrong to use absolute terms. It's definitely possible to go above 2.8b. also Avatar stans need to face reality and accept their movie could gross lower than the original.

It sounds like you are hellbent on starting stan wars with Avatar fans with your constant mentions of Avatar, no matter what is being discussed. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, tawasal said:

It sounds like you are hellbent on starting stan wars with Avatar fans with your constant mentions of Avatar, no matter what is being discussed. 

It's an example. It might go up 2.8 might be the tipping point. It's all down hill in comparison to Gone with the wind. US market has been in decline versus inflation for decades.

• Like 1

The avatar hype is so foreign too me. None of my friend circles ever bring this movie up. 

It was a good movie at its time but really wasn’t culture changing event like titanic or endgame

maybe overseas it is  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's an example. It might go up 2.8 might be the tipping point. It's all down hill in comparison to Gone with the wind. US market has been in decline versus inflation for decades.

Why are you comparing it to a movie from 1939? 

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Maybe everybody is just ignoring you because you're just coming across as nothing but a troll @I Am

Posting link after link and industry news after industry fact is trolling, because I'm not parroting the common hopes, wishes, and mantra. 🙄

The fact is that the Chinese movie industry is in the process of divesting itself from Hollywood, and outside three franchises, largely prefers their local industry as opposed to the Western one. In the United States of America, movie theater attendance is rapidly decliningthe end is near, with movie theaters dying all over the country - especially small time theaters - and while the largest movie theater chain in the country seems to be having success with its subscription service, that isn't paying out dividends for the studios themselves.

Could glasses-less 3D create such hysteria that overshadows the spectacular event that was "Endgame?" It's certainly possible, but if Hollywood is going to cross $3 billion (which is more of a press event than anything else... I don't know why you all are acting like $2.8billion is a piss poor sum of revenue,) "Endgame" was probably the best window it had to do so.

Just now, Minnale101 said:

The avatar hype is so foreign too me. None of my friend circles ever bring this movie up. 

It was a good movie at its time but really wasn’t culture changing event like titanic or endgame

maybe overseas it is  

Same here. I've never heard one person even talk about it outside of this forum. Doesn't mean it won't explode but who knows.

Getting back to this weekend I really hope DP holds above 25 and Eg above 30 and JW3 does 50+.  That would be awesome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tawasal said:

Why are you comparing it to a movie from 1939? 

I'm emphasizing that the DOM market has been in decline for decades and could seriously affect WW grosses in the future.

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I think it's wrong to use absolute terms. It's definitely possible to go above 2.8b. also Avatar stans need to face reality and accept their movie could gross lower than the original.

I love James Cameron's films, but really... @tawasal flying off the handle and screaming curse words because someone brought up the reality is that the movie - or any industry - is not limitless is psychopathic behavior.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same here. I've never heard one person even talk about it outside of this forum. Doesn't mean it won't explode but who knows.

Getting back to this weekend I really hope DP holds above 25 and Eg above 30 and JW3 does 50+.  That would be awesome.

I brought it up to the general audience friend of mine whom I saw "Endgame" with and the conversation turned to another topic after about sixty seconds. She saw the first one, but didn't have much interest in talking about the second. The nasty attitude of some people here is why echo chamber bubbles are a bad place to be in.