sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - John Wick: Chapter 3 $56.82M | Avengers Endgame $29.97M | Detective Pikachu $25.10M

I would ignore numbers for holdovers so early. let us wait for an update from asgardian later today.

On JW3 its amazing number but probably it was so obvious having shown all signs of breakout(Good PS number from Wang, great reviews, sequel to well reviewed movie). I hope it comes close to 70m so that with good hold next weekend it keeps 200m in play.

• Like 1

Keanu who? Johnny Depp's The Professor comes out today too. It has a stellar 0% RT. 

Hopefully Waiting for the Barbarians is a return to form.

Edited by Alli
  • ...wtf 1

I don't know anything about the plot of JW3, but I've read from some people that things that happen could make JW4 heavily anticipated. Idk, either way, I still sort of see this being the peak of the franchise box office wise, especially if it goes over 60-65M. If the fourth comes out in 2021, I could definitely see it having a 50/150 type run, but I don't see how it could top this. 

Only franchise I see increasing in the next few years is Jurassic World 3, which I legit think will do 100M more than Fallen Kingdom

• Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

if it made 8 million today it would do more then 30 million lol 

AIW had $7.3m on the third Friday - with the same w/e multi AEG would be  $32.276 - but AIWs Friday was probably a bit more suppressed b/c of DP opening.  Still with the same w/e multi as last week AEG would $31m+

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I don't know anything about the plot of JW3, but I've read from some people that things that happen could make JW4 heavily anticipated. Idk, either way, I still sort of see this being the peak of the franchise box office wise, especially if it goes over 60-65M. If the fourth comes out in 2021, I could definitely see it having a 50/150 type run, but I don't see how it could top this. 

Only franchise I see increasing in the next few years is Jurassic World 3, which I legit think will do 100M more than Fallen Kingdom

Even I doubt that, honestly. They would need a really great hook, something even more promising than the small bits weve got at the end of FK, to approach 500M+ DOM imo. 400M is again a fair target i think.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Even I doubt that, honestly. They would need a really great hook, something even more promising than the small bits weve got at the end of FK, to approach 500M+ DOM imo. 400M is again a fair target i think.

Honestly, the promise of a modern Flintstones sounds like a great hook already

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DAJK said:

JW4 coming for 120+ opening, this is basic mathematics.    

Spoiler

More seriously, franchises that will increase in near future:  

Spider-Man  

Wonder Woman?   

Ant-Man  

Captain Marvel?  

Star Wars?  

Doctor Strange

GotG    

;) 

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Honestly, the promise of a modern Flintstones sounds like a great hook already

Im not saying its a bad hook, please dont get me wrong :D but Jurassic World 3 needs a marketing campaign as great as the one for the first JW imo, to have a good shot at surpassing Fallen Kingdom.

This far out (its still 2 years after all), such predictions are very wild, of course.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

They really could get a John Wick / The Equalizer crossover in the future. The Equalizer's writer even talked about this, last year. He would like to see both Keanu/Denzel kicking ass.

so pretty much "angry men on a mission" shared cinematic universe?

I am down for that... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im not saying its a bad hook, please dont get me wrong :D but Jurassic World 3 needs a marketing campaign as great as the one for the first JW imo, to have a good shot at surpassing Fallen Kingdom.

This far out (its still 2 years after all), such predictions are very wild, of course.

Get John Goodman and pay as much money as possible to get Rick Moranis out of retirement for some stunt casting. Have Chris Pratt say "Yabba Dabba Doom" in the trailer, and over Endgame confirmed

• Astonished 1

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

Jurassic World 3 needs to be more concerned with putting together a quality script and an original, surprising, engaging film, before it starts concerning itself with marketing said product. JW3 won't improve over JW2 if it's just as poor a film.

tenor.gif?itemid=5375379

• Haha 6