charlie Jatinder

Monday (5/20) Numbers

10 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure anyone watch and/or spend more on TV than Americans:

average-daily-tv-viewing-time-per-person

Specific show TV ratings will depend a lot of the size of the offer and heterogeneity in demand, etc.... Americans have really a specially giant offer on TV and a lot of people having a lot of channels versus the rest of the world.

Has for Canada average dom of the box office it depend on the exchange rate and all that but you can expect around 9-10%:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/501797/canada-box-office-revenue/

in 2012: 1094 of 10,837.6, 10.1% 

2014: 945.8 of 10,361.3, 9.13%

2015: 988 of 11,129.4,  8.88%

270? oh my god I miss the old days.

I get about 60-90 minutes and about another 60+ of my little pony (totally embarassed how well I know this show, why will my 4 year old not pick something else :lol:

Just now, Minnale101 said:

Victoria Day is every year 

I think they meant did it fall on the same weekend last year, since like Memorial Day in the US, it shifts from year to year. 
Victoria Day the second last Monday of May.

Sometimes that means there is a full 2 weekends after Victoria Day in May, if May 31st is on a Sunday, like it is next year. 

1 minute ago, VanillaSkies said:

I think they meant did it fall on the same weekend last year, since like Memorial Day in the US, it shifts from year to year. 
Victoria Day the second last Monday of May.

Sometimes that means there is a full 2 weekends after Victoria Day in May, if May 31st is on a Sunday, like it is next year. 

Oh okay. Well Victoria Day was May 21st last year 

so infinity war had same holiday on same time frame 

32 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure anyone watch and/or spend more on TV than Americans:

Specific show TV ratings will depend a lot of the size of the offer and heterogeneity in demand, etc.... Americans have really a specially giant offer on TV and a lot of people having a lot of channels versus the rest of the world.

When it comes to the proportional numbers on the top broadcast shows, Canadians absolutely watch more. 

http://assets.numeris.ca/Downloads/April 29, 2019 - May 5, 2019 (National).pdf

https://programminginsider.com/live7-weekly-ratings-the-rookie-season-finale-ranks-fifth-in-adults-18-49-gains-runner-up-in-viewer-lifts/

As a couple examples, indexing to population for this specific week roughly 9.1% of Canadians watched BBT compared to 4.85% of Americans. 5.25% of Canadians watched New Amsterdam compared to 2.87% of Americans. 5.55% of Canadians watched NCIS vs. 4,77% of Americans. 3.95% of Canadians watched Greys Anatomy vs. 2.93% of Americans, and so on. These shows were just randomly picked off the list too.

Of course, there is a very plausible chance that cable numbers may skew this, but given the difficulty of following them I really can't say.

Edited by dakus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Well if Infinity War had the same holiday last year...

It dropped 71%

EG is looking at what, 62% drop? Great drop!

Which is actually a little odd, since they had almost identical numbers over the FSS period on the same weekend before Victoria Day, and then suddenly EG makes almost an extra million on Monday. 

It was pretty shitty weather around here today though, so maybe a lot more people decided to hit the theatre.

EDIT: Charlie revised to 3.4 for Endgame, which seems less odd as it's closer to the 2.7 IW did last year, but still better.

Edited by VanillaSkies
  • Like 1

Considering EG and IW were neck and neck this weekend and Sunday (9.6 vs 9.35) that's a great Monday in comparison (3.4 vs 2.7). Tue will be interesting. With such a big gap on Mon, EG's Tue might not show the small expected bump.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

US Monday will be 2.05mn Approx while Canada around 1.35mn for EG. Tuesday US shall bump to 2.5mn Approx while Canada shall drop to around 0.5-0.55mn. Expecting 3-3.05mn tomorrow.

Why IW bumped on Tue? Assume that it had US bump and Canada drop on Tue too? 

4 minutes ago, danhtruong5 said:

Why IW bumped on Tue? Assume that it had US bump and Canada drop on Tue too? 

IW Canada Monday was less intense, so the Canada drop couldn’t fully cancel the US bump for it.