charlie Jatinder

Monday (5/20) Numbers

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

A ~ 97 (C$102)

TFA ~ 96 (C$133)

So EG number 2 all time in local currency.  

crazy currency issues

EG will lose around 25-30 million and TFA lost around 37 million. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks you, as always, Charlie. As a Canadian, it is really cool to be able to see the breakdown for Canada specifically. I wish box office in general was always presented that way (instead of a combined US/Canada domestic gross).

I think I am too old to understand the acronyms of the kids these days. What does TTVOMJ mean?

Peace,

Mike

Same, we live in the only major country (that has a sizable movie market) that doesn't have our own separate box office report/analysis/tracking, that always felt kinda weird to me. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, a2k said:

EG Dom+China (1450-1470) > AOU WW (1405)

EG's 2 territory total would displace AOU from #9 on all time charts.

8 Furious 7 Uni. $1,516.0 $353.0 23.3% $1,163.0 76.7% 2015
9 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV $1,405.4 $459.0 32.7% $946.4 67.3% 2015
10 Black Panther BV $1,346.9 $700.1 52.0% $646.9 48.0% 2018

It's 3 territory total, adding in UK's 109 would displace TA1 from #7

7 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.8 $623.4 41.0% $895.5 59.0% 2012

take 4 and take down the dinos.

take 9 and take down 

take 9/10 and take down TFA.

Take 11/12 and take down Titanic.

Add all and take down Avatar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeQ said:

Thanks you, as always, Charlie. As a Canadian, it is really cool to be able to see the breakdown for Canada specifically. I wish box office in general was always presented that way (instead of a combined US/Canada domestic gross).

I think I am too old to understand the acronyms of the kids these days. What does TTVOMJ mean?

Peace,

Mike

No problem:) it is just my signature on the internet... if you really want to know what it means(The True Voice Of MJ-my initials).. i am 35 btw.. TTVOMJ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Peace,

Mike

No one knows, Mike. 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, baumer said:

No one knows, Mike. 🙂

51 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

No problem:) it is just my signature on the internet... if you really want to know what it means(The True Voice Of MJ-my initials).. i am 35 btw.. TTVOMJ

Noone must be special... TTVOMJ

1 hour ago, Maximum Avery said:

Why must you include your signature in the post?

It's not like we will not know it's you who made a post, with your display name attached to every post you make? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tawasal said:

Why must you include your signature in the post?

It's not like we will not know it's you who made a post, with your display name attached to every post you make?

But i want to be recognized as same person even when using different nicks... you know who i am here, but if you see me someplace else without the TTVOMJ you might not recognize me...specially the people who didnt yet catch on.. this is like a connecting tissue^^ TTVOMJ

Edited by Maximum Avery
Typos
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

5 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

But i want to be recognized as same person even when using different nicks... you know who i am here, but if you see me someplace else without the TTVOMJ you might not recognize me...specially the people who didnt yet catch on.. this is like a connecting tissue^^ TTVOMJ

:wintf:

23 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

So, if I'll include your signature, the post is coming from you?

TTVOMJ

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

Yeah, but i think we actually know that by now. We’re not stupid, you know. Just saying.

31 minutes ago, Maximum Avery said:

7 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

So, if I'll include your signature, the post is coming from you?

TTVOMJ

Yeah like Jimi here says, anyone can use that signature and act like it's you. 

https://www.cinoche.com/films/box-office/2019-05-17

This website gives box office figures for Quebec which, while I wouldn't say represent the Canadian box office as a whole, do somewhat mirror what goes on at my theatre in British Columbia. For example, horror movies often do not do as well here as in the US. And if you look through the past few weeks (especially the last 2) you can see Avengers' amazing holds (other than its 2nd weekend drop).

It's a very loose comparison, but you can look at it with 1M here being roughly equivalent to 100M DOM. Sometimes its a decent comp (you get movies like The Hustle open to 15M roughly, and Poms to 5M roughly But then you get massive overperformers like JW3 just opened to 95M and Avengers did like 450+) but it's an easy way to look at the numbers and pick out any over/underperformers. 

• Like 2

With $3.16 million on Monday, Avengers: Endgame has now earned $774.5 million in 25 days of domestic release. That’s a mere 33% drop from last Monday, which is the smallest daily drop for the film thus far (in terms of comparisons from the previous week’s respective weekday or weekend gross) and below the 41% day 25 drop for Avengers: Infinity War.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/05/21/box-office-avengers-endgame-aladdin-avatar-star-wars-captain-america-iron-man-godzilla-x-men/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1