charlie Jatinder

Monday (5/20) Numbers

Just now, Charlie Jatinder said:

How about drop tomorrow. I am expecting one for EG.

I don’t think it’ll drop. I’m also fairly sure that End Game will start seeing normal Tuesday increases as we saw last week where it increased more than the previous week. 

Just saying that if you don’t see the typical Tuesday bump for films it’s not something to freak out about :lol:

27 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thinking conservatively

61.6% drop for JW3

62.5% drop for EG

66.6% drop for DP

Fantastic for JW3 and EG while very good for DP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I don’t think it’ll drop. I’m also fairly sure that End Game will start seeing normal Tuesday increases as we saw last week where it increased more than the previous week. 

Just saying that if you don’t see the typical Tuesday bump for films it’s not something to freak out about :lol:

If it holds at 3.6 if that's the actual that would be awesome sauce.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Minnale101 said:

2nd Monday’s 

detective 2.7 million 

Shazam 2.08 million 

Dumbo 937k

how to train you’re dragon 3   1.79 million 

Holiday is inflating both DP and EG just fyi

• Like 1

Ya the movies were definitely busy today here, I finally took the kids to see Pikachu at one of our smaller local recliner theatres and our showing was sold out (70 seats). 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Along the topic of Canadian holidays, does anyone have a general idea of on average what’s percentage of the DOM box office is from Canada? I know from following TV ratings that Canadians watch proportionally more TV then Americans and I wonder if that’s similar for movies? 

11 minutes ago, dakus said:

Along the topic of Canadian holidays, does anyone have a general idea of on average what’s percentage of the DOM box office is from Canada? I know from following TV ratings that Canadians watch proportionally more TV then Americans and I wonder if that’s similar for movies? 

Varies movie to movie, and with ER. Very roughly around 10% of DOM is from Canada.    

Canadian legs are often better too, so the % contribution rises somewhat from week to week.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 minutes ago, dakus said:

I am not sure anyone watch and/or spend more on TV than Americans:

average-daily-tv-viewing-time-per-person

Specific show TV ratings will depend a lot of the size of the offer and heterogeneity in demand, etc.... Americans have really a specially giant offer on TV and a lot of people having a lot of channels versus the rest of the world.

Has for Canada average dom of the box office it depend on the exchange rate and all that but you can expect around 9-10%:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/501797/canada-box-office-revenue/

in 2012: 1094 of 10,837.6, 10.1% 

2014: 945.8 of 10,361.3, 9.13%

2015: 988 of 11,129.4,  8.88%

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7
  • Astonished 1