sfran43

Memorial Weekend Thread: 4-Day Actuals - Aladdin $116.81M | John Wick 3 $30.97M | Avengers Endgame $22.06M | Pokemon DP $17.25M

17 minutes ago, Menor said:

Atlantis had great spectacle but tbh it would come off as very similar to Aquaman if they made it now. The opportunity has passed.

That's kind of like saying The Little Mermaid and Avatar 2 are too similar to Aquaman because they're also underwater. Atlantis bears very little resemblance to AQM, Atlantis itself is even portrayed completely differently. 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That's kind of like saying The Little Mermaid and Avatar 2 are too similar to Aquaman because they're also underwater. Atlantis bears very little resemblance to AQM, Atlantis itself is even portrayed completely differently. 

Maybe I'm just not remembering Atlantis very well but I remember being reminded of its underwater battle sequences when watching Aquaman

1 hour ago, Alli said:

ugh Netflix. NO. ive just watched a horrible Netflix movie The Perfection. So bad. Good movies need not to mix up with dreadful Netflix

Buster Scruggs, Roma, Okja, Mudbound, Beasts of no Nation, The Meyerowitz Stories, The Boy Who Harnassed the Wind, Geralds Game, The Other Side of The Wind, I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore, First They Killed my Father, Outlaw King, 1922 etc or all their great docs doesn’t get any better or worse because their Netflix originals.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo21 said:

I'd say Tarzan, but Warner Brothers already beat them to the punch

tarzanposter.jpg

180 million budget. The fuck were they smoking with that?

I could see Disney doing their own live action take of their own ”Tarzan” with a smaller, yet controlled budget in the future and with more color-schemes, enough to be more different from the David Yates-version. Since it’s one of Disney’s biggest 2D-animated hits of the 90’s. Could see a good director like Jon Favreau for example, maybe....since i think he’s good at making films set in a jungle-enviroment with strong visuals.

I think what made the 1999-animated version so unique is the ”Deep Canvas”-visuals, Tarzan & Jane’s likeable personalities, a lot of gorilla characters like Kala, Kerchak, Terk & even Tantor the elephant...and yes, the music legend himself: Phil Collins.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Maybe I'm just not remembering Atlantis very well but I remember being reminded of its underwater battle sequences when watching Aquaman

I mean it takes place at turn of the 20th century with a lot of steampunk and Jules Verne inspirations, pretty drastically different vibe and setting than AQM in and of itself. If anything, it might feel too similar to the Journey movies. 

Since anyone is talking potential Disney films from the 2000’s, would anyone here be up for a live action remake of Brother Bear for example? As much as i love that 2003-animated film myself, it’s surprisingly has a low RT-rating from critics. 🙍🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean it takes place at turn of the 20th century with a lot of steampunk and Jules Verne inspirations, pretty drastically different vibe and setting than AQM in and of itself. If anything, it might feel too similar to the Journey movies. 

Thinking back on it you're right, it really isn't that similar to AQM. Would love to see it adapted to live action, but unfortunately it probably won't happen.

43 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Very few movies do. Only mega-successful super smashes. The vast majority of financially successful movies don’t. The whole idea behind that bolded phrase is one of the stupidest in BO. It’s like “hey, if we look at 100% of this movie’s costs and 50% of its revenue, is it positive? No? Well gee golly willikers, what a shock, guess the movie was a financial failure.” 🙄

You know this is some very esoteric information for sure. I remember a quote, I believe it was from Jon Landau, one of The producers on Titanic. He said something to the effect of Titanic was profitable in its theatrical l run and according to him that was very very rare. Movies more or less make what they make at the theaters but then become profitable or not once it leaves the theater. Because none of us work in the business or have access to Raw numbers and budgets and back-end deals and so on none of us really knows how much a film profits.

• Like 1

Speaking from a purely vegan standpoint and point of view, Okja is easily the best film that Netflix has ever produced.