sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

1 minute ago, Not really said:

For me, it's more of a franchise thing. I don't particularly like the movie, but I'm rooting for the Monsterverse in general to continue and flourish.

Me too, that's why I'm hoping for good legs atleast so that it benefits GvK.

4 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Lol why does Disney get brought up every time another studio’s movie underperforms? It’s not like Disney is immune to underperforming movies. We’ve had multiple in the past 2 years. Disney gets blame when Disney movies underperform. Disney gets blame when non-Disney movies underperform.

People want a black and white world, they want villains to root against to feel better about themselves, they were raised by Hollywood movies so they don't know much about the shades of grey of life.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Me too, that's why I'm hoping for good legs atleast so that it benefits GvK.

I consider this to be a mild setback for the Monsterverse. GvK will be the movie to make or break it. I'm still optimistic about good legs for this one, too.

19 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

6 years ago and the record was eventually broken in 4 months after that, and its not even in Top 10 Grossers anymore.

After that, he has 6 releases, 5 out of them are FLOPs. 6th one was crap, saved by good opening.

I lived with 9 bombay guys and 1 bangalore girl... not at the same time, but thru my film life in prague/barcelona.. and i cant understand 2 things about indian guys xD  they are such huge geeks you can talk to them about anything, BUT WTF is with their love for that crappy bollywood cinema except nostalgia?xD 2nd.. they dont treat women nicely😢

TTVOMJ

Just now, AJG said:

I googled to see what Shah Rukh Khan was up to.

What on earth is this? 

p15645141_p_v8_ab.jpg

It was a movie about someone who was more powerful than Thanos with full Infinity Gauntlet.

In short it was a movie they is best left forgotten. We do not talk about this movie.

Just now, The Futurist said:

People want a black and white world, they want villains to root against to feel better about themselves, they were raised by Hollywood movies so they don't know much about the shades of grey of life.

Which is something you often see in Disney movies, interestingly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Maximum Avery said:

I lived with 9 bombay guys and 1 bangalore girl... not at the same time, but thru my film life in prague/barcelona.. and i cant understand 2 things about indian guys xD  they are such huge geeks you can talk to them about anything, BUT WTF is with their love for that crappy bollywood cinema except nostalgia?xD 2nd.. they dont treat women nicely😢

TTVOMJ

They love Bollywood because they haven't had the taste of real quality of Hollywood.

Hollywood bad is better than Bollywood good.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You mean cheap knock off of Pirates Of The Caribbean?

Didn't the lead actor for that publicly apologize for it while it was still playing in cinemas?

4 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

They love Bollywood because they haven't had the taste of real quality of Hollywood.

Hollywood bad is better than Bollywood good.

No..we first met in film school.. they were my class mates:)

They loved both and rooted for bollywood alot.. but you could see correlations and familar pattern connected to pushing it too far.. people's eyes squirm/change..cant wait for a 24/7 intwrnal lie detector with red flags for everyone to see^^

TTVOMJ

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You mean cheap knock off of Pirates Of The Caribbean?

That description only gets me more excited.

I’ve been wanting to see another Indian epic since I witnessed the glorious Baahubali.

HollowTheseEuropeanpolecat-size_restrict

(I think about this scene a lot)

• Haha 6
  • Astonished 1

I can't find numbers,can someone pin them please?

But anyway, if Zilla is bombing, why would GvK do better with practically the same cast (that didn't draw audience first time around) and the same monster (that didn't draw audience either)? Just because Kong is in it? Kong Skull Island had SLJ so unless GvK ups the star power, fat chance. 

Edited by Valonqar

10 minutes ago, Not really said:

Which is something you often see in Disney movies, interestingly. 

Maybe because disney is showing HOW not just WHAT.. they are trying to show us not only what is wrong, but how to fix it..... its like the difference between indigo children and crystal children... former recognizes the problems(cynic), the latter sees how and seeks to improve it/change it..

TTVOMJ

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

That description only gets me more excited.

I’ve been wanting to see another Indian epic since I witnessed the glorious Baahubali.

HollowTheseEuropeanpolecat-size_restrict

(I think about this scene a lot)

There's nothing epic in Thugs though.

Just now, Valonqar said:

I can't find numbers,can someone pin them please?

But anyway, if Zilla is bombing, why would GvK do better with practically the same cast (that didn't draw audience first time around) and the same monster (that didn't draw audience either)? Just because Kong is in it? Kong Skull Island had SLP so unless GvK ups the star power, fat chance. 

KotM paid for the sins of its predecessor. GvK will (ideally) reap the reward of KotM's good deeds.