sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

5 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

But what to do when movie you not just liked but loved flops 😭😭

Move on. I was crushed at the one two three Punch death of the Lego Franchise but I moved on.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Truly hope folks are right about legs. I don't see it here. Actually thinking this super fan friendly creature romp will be pretty frontloaded. Godzilla loons rushing to see it this weekend. Expecting close to or over 60% dip next weekend.

yep the only people who want to see godzilla are the fans so it will be frontloaded for sure.

30 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Great taste - I agree.  I love the 2 together so much in the movies:)...

I loved DS and Thor as well. That was frickin awesome and I'd love them together again.

DS and Ant-Man both were elevated a lot imo. Spiderman as well.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cookson said:

That’s actually a good thing? If I’m reading that correctly, LP should be getting more $ back from it than traditional Hollywood films.

You're reading it wrong.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I fully expect Aladdin to overtake during the weekdays so meltdowns will happen. :stirthepot: Like when EG overtook Pika.

Oh definitely. Probably 60% drop next week so down to sub 20 mil 2nd weekend. Sucks for Zilla.

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Everybody skipped the theater yesterday to watch Deadwood: the Movie, I understand

Doubled featured it with The good Good Omens

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Truly hope folks are right about legs. I don't see it here. Actually thinking this super fan friendly creature romp will be pretty frontloaded. Godzilla loons rushing to see it this weekend. Expecting close to or over 60% dip next weekend.

With 2 big movies coming out next weekend, I agree

This will be crazy if Aladdin somehow takes first place. 

I think at this point, Disney losing money on Dumbo will just be like me losing my pocket change in my couch.

I feel sorry for Godzilla fans right now. They might not get more godzilla movies after his fight with King Kong. And i really wanted to like King of Monsters too.

Edited by ScoobyDoo21
  • Like 1