sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

6 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I know how it feels, MCU is pretty safe till now and looks like will be in future but back in India, the guy in my DP isn't doing well, since the start of decade and there fanwars are even more extreme.

There was a time, I was getting atleast 100 people spamming/abusing my twitter notification back in November and December. Its part of game.

Be strong. It will pass. From what I can do is, I won't tag you, again, even the one I did, it was sympathetic to you. I guess I will have to only troll @THUNDER BIRD now, good thing being, he can't counter attack me, as he is also a MCU fan and to his fortune/unfortune, we are toughened with SRK underperforming for a decade now.

I didn't know SRK was on a downturn. Didn't he have that film that broke every record, Chennai Express?

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

I didn't know SRK was on a downturn. Didn't he have that film that broke every record, Chennai Express?

6 years ago and the record was eventually broken in 4 months after that, and its not even in Top 10 Grossers anymore.

After that, he has 6 releases, 5 out of them are FLOPs. 6th one was crap, saved by good opening.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oh well. Like i said, i dont really care (though i would apprectiate it if you woud stop tagging me). Ill see the film for the fith and sixth time today and plan to end it with 25+ times.

Though i think i will take a long break from this site. The film seriously underperforming means certain people will laugh at it and i dont really need that.

Truth to be told, i do care a little. The past few days have kind of killed my excitement for box office numbers.

This sucks and no one should be made to feel this way. Hope you don’t stay away for long. 

There’s not much room for discussion on any other films here anymore. For example: Rocketman and Ma are doing big business, but their threads are on page 2 with hardly anyone posting about the actual films. 

Theres a percentage of users now who seem to only go and watch the latest Disney sequel/remake, become obsessed with its run, and then wait to shit on anything else that dares to open.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I know how it feels, MCU is pretty safe till now and looks like will be in future but back in India, the guy in my DP isn't doing well, since the start of decade and there fanwars are even more extreme.

There was a time, I was getting atleast 100 people spamming/abusing my twitter notification back in November and December. Its part of game.

Be strong. It will pass. From what I can do is, I won't tag you, again, even the one I did, it was sympathetic to you. I guess I will have to only troll @THUNDER BIRD now, good thing being, he can't counter attack me, as he is also a MCU fan and to his fortune/unfortune, we are toughened with SRK underperforming for a decade now.

You have Godzilla only, other than that most of our choices are similar.

Also they for of GvK performs well, and remaining is Jurassic World 3 then it'll do well because Dinosaurs..... And also is a genre where least amount of saturation happens, only one franchise gives Dinosaurs to the world. There are many franchises for Animated movies, superheroes, space, robots, fantasy etc. But only one for Dinosaurs.

Rest as i said, our choices are similar and less we talk about Bollywood the better, i mean in still waiting for an announcement.

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That December date WB, do it.

So many potential WB films could fill it (twoicide squad!), why give it to something as risky as GvK?

4 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Never know. Don't see it though. Nice head start. Al's holding well but its number isn't the incredible hold folks hoped for... Good though.

What so you mean "hoped for"? Dont decide things like that because you give people like that one guy ammo... there was just circumstance mention of tjb dropping to 60m.. THATS IT

TTVOMJ

25 minutes ago, Not really said:

Yeah, this might be the first time I'm experiencing that feeling of disappointment at a movie's underperformance. 

Although disappointment is more because i loved the movie. I mean when you Susie a movie, then despite you wanting it to succeed, you can understand why it is failing.

But in this case, i loved the movie and so it affects more.

2 minutes ago, Not really said:

What does it stand for? Half the time, I'm confused by acronyms in this forum. :lol:

SRK is Shahrukh Khan, the biggest actor in Bollywood

• Thanks 1

Just now, TMP said:

SRK is Shahrukh Khan, the biggest actor in Bollywood

You know you might be first person to say him as Biggest actor in Bollywood since many years.

Although it's the truth, but you know, media & fans after string of underperformances and such kind of underperformances.

9 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This sucks and no one should be made to feel this way. Hope you don’t stay away for long. 

There’s not much room for discussion on any other films here anymore. For example: Rocketman and Ma are doing big business, but their threads are on page 2 with hardly anyone posting about the actual films. 

Theres a percentage of users now who seem to only go and watch the latest Disney sequel/remake, become obsessed with its run, and then wait to shit on anything else that dares to open.

You seem like a horror fan who shits on disney and ip... they win xD

TTVOMJ

Just now, THUNDER BIRD said:

Although disappointment is more because i loved the movie. I mean when you Susie a movie, then despite you wanting it to succeed, you can understand why it is failing.

But in this case, i loved the movie and so it affects more.

For me, it's more of a franchise thing. I don't particularly like the movie, but I'm rooting for the Monsterverse in general to continue and flourish.