sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - Godzilla KOTM $47.77M | Aladdin $42.84M | Rocketman $25.72M | MA $18.09M

2 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

Lion King has The Potential To Beat Titanic .. It Is Like A Event Film ..

Yeah, also it should be able to record 2nd biggest Weekend after EndGame. And then strong legs to carry it forward.

It's really a massive event. Potential of huge weekend and super strong legs.

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah, also it should be able to record 2nd biggest Weekend after EndGame. And then strong legs to carry it forward.

It's really a massive event. Potential of huge weekend and super strong legs.

That's The Strength Of Lion King .... Strong Legs ... (Only Few Films Have This) Imagine the Strong Weekend + Legs .. Could Easily Become One Of The Highest Grosser ... 

3 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

That's The Strength Of Lion King .... Strong Legs ... (Only Few Films Have This) Imagine the Strong Weekend + Legs .. Could Easily Become One Of The Highest Grosser ... 

Yeah, if its good, which it should be, sky is the limit.

24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It really depend on type of deal, there goes with absolutely risk free with low reward when the producer pay you a fix fee to distribute, to more risker model (there is a lot of different model used)

Source ? It is not common that we can have full detail on distribution deal.

I’ve always been under impression that distributors pay for all P&A and then recoup it all first. Seems like I am wrong; someone else has informed me that Legendary and WB split advertising costs for Godzilla.

Really a bad year for WB. Lego, godzilla, Shazam, Pikachu.

They should just remake My Fair Lady  with Cardi B. Written, acted and directed by Henry Cavill.

Or release the next Clint movie in 2 parts.

Rocketman is really disappointing everywhere. Its budget is only 40M dollars so it's not a glop but the expactions, the marketing, the distribution wa really high level everywhere and i think it will end is run under 200M WW. 

Edited by maxalcamo

10 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I remembered @Gavin Feng once tweeting they TLK looking at 300 million+ in China.

Is it still looking that way?

To be honest I don't think 300M in China is enough, that's asking it to do 1.9B in Domestic + OS-China, which could potentially mean 1.25B in OS-China alone, that is a tall order. $500M - 600M in China might be needed to reach that kind of a number and I think $150-200M is the more realistic number in China. Gavin might have some further insight on that.

Either way, tracking TLK will be super interesting here, there's the camp that firmly believes it'll do below 1.1B, and there's there are those who believe it will unseat Titanic. 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

Just now, maxalcamo said:

sky is not the limit for the lion king, at some point you found the "i already seen it, i don't care" people. 

I'm in the "I've seen it, have since forgotten about it, and still don't care" camp. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Either way, tracking TLK will be super interesting here, there's the camp that firmly believes it'll do below 1.1B, and there's there are those who believe it will unseat Titanic. 

And most people are being reasonable and think it’ll do between those 2. I don’t think the $2b crowd are that many. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maxalcamo said:

Really a bad year for WB. Lego, godzilla, Shazam, Pikachu.

They should just remake My Fair Lady  with Cardi B. Written, acted and directed by Henry Cavill.

Or release the next Clint movie in 2 parts.

Rocketman is really disappointing everywhere. Its budget is only 40M dollars so it's not a glop but the expactions, the marketing, the distribution wa really high level everywhere and i think it will end is run under 200M WW. 

Rocketman would have probably done better during Thanksgiving or Christmas. Too close to A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody. 

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

To be honest I don't think 300M in China is enough, that's asking it to do 1.9B in Domestic + OS-China, which could potentially mean 1.25B in OS-China alone, that is a tall order. $500M - 600M in China might be needed to reach that kind of a number and I think $150-200M is the more realistic number in China. Gavin might have some further insight on that.

You are actually underestimating Domestic, strintg legs with big weekend should easily push it 800 million plus in Domestic alone. 

Also let's put Titanic talks at good for now and see who are thinking that it won't do 1.1 billion? I mean even after watching Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Beauty & The Beast..??

2 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

You are actually underestimating Domestic, strintg legs with big weekend should easily push it 800 million plus in Domestic alone. 

Also let's put Titanic talks at good for now and see who are thinking that it won't do 1.1 billion? I mean even after watching Aladdin, The Jungle Book, Beauty & The Beast..??

I want whatever you’re smoking. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

I want whatever you’re smoking. 

We'll see, i for one would prefer overestimating something like The Lion King instead of underestimating it. Chances are wherever it'll end up, it'll be closer to overestimated numbers, out might even beat them.

7 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Well, evidently you haven't seen this club.

• Like 1