sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

5 minutes ago, Sunny Max said:

what a downfall of #Pets2 .... 😕 

Can anyone Tell me the reason ?

headscratching. at least with lego2 there was were spin-offs in between and legobat did well with 175+ dom. with slop2 the fall doesn't make much sense. shows how original ga thought slop1's idea was and the novelty paid off. it was an idea waiting to be cracked and kudos to illumination for jumping on it. the movie wasn't that loved. it beat zootopia that year but surely zootopia2 if made would do much much better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, a2k said:

headscratching. at least with lego2 there was were spin-offs in between and legobat did well with 175+ dom. with slop2 the fall doesn't make much sense. shows how original ga thought slop1's idea was and the novelty paid off. it was an idea waiting to be cracked and kudos to illumination for jumping on it. the movie wasn't that loved. it beat zootopia that year but surely zootopia2 if made would do much much better.

so franchise is Been dead now ... hmm

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

I have an intuition that Zootopia 2 will be made in 2030 or something, akin to Finding Dory or Incredibles 2.

Probably would still make over a billion worldwide, too.

• Like 1

Just now, Sunny Max said:

Oh .. so you are telling me that low buzz & Poor marketing killed the movie ... as @wildphantom also told the same thing audience were not demanding the sequel + top story 4 incoming...

Well, kind of. I'm mainly saying that as a property, Pets had zero cultural relevance after a few months. People saw it and liked it okay when it came out, but once 2017 rolled around, I never saw anyone talk about it, watch it, buy merch, etc. It doesn't help that the movie looked to be more of the same, but generally speaking, I feel like people just kind of forgot about the first Pets outside of the cute novelty and didn't have much of a reason to see it again. SLOP1 is probably the most forgotten and least culturally relevant 300M grosser at the moment. Even Alice in Wonderland has the other Disney remakes to keep it in the conversation

• Like 2

which will be the first 200+ grosser of the year. thought slop2 had a good chance. aladdin is not gonna be it either, crossing 300. hobbs has a shot. it2 if it under-performs. joker maybe.

Just now, DAR said:

Has SLOP 1 ever shown up on any of the basic cable channels?   I’m sure it has but I can’t remember seeing it just flipping through  

I think it was airing on FX a couple days ago to promote the new movie.

Just now, a2k said:

which will be the first 200+ grosser of the year. thought slop2 had a good chance. aladdin is not gonna be it either, crossing 300. hobbs has a shot. it2 if it under-performs. joker maybe.

slop2 have no chance

making 4.25x in june with TS4 coming seems absurd 

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I have an intuition that Zootopia 2 will be made in 2030 or something, akin to Finding Dory or Incredibles 2.

Probably would still make over a billion worldwide, too.

Zootopia is now become a popular brand .. especially in asian markets ..  any given date movie would still make over $1 billion 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a2k said:

Aladdin will cross $300 M Easily ..

Edited by Sunny Max