sfran43

Flop Weekend Thread: Top 5 Weekend Actuals - TSLOP2 $46.65M | Dark Phoenix $32.83M | Aladdin $24.68M | Godzilla KOTM $15.45M | Rocketman $13.82M

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

That’s history but we really have no idea what Disney is going to be going forward. They really have the size to take a few risks and make some interesting films. 

What makes you think they'll do that, outside of keeping Fox Searchlight?

48 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Not only is dumb to stan any studio it's especially dumb to stan one that is averse to making adult films. I like the Marvel stuff but I don't only want that and bad live action remakes. To see people cheering that on is disturbing. 

I don’t like the term “adult films” being used to describe extremely boring, pointless indie films that these clowns send out every year for the awards votes. That demeans the word “adult” if that’s what you’re going to consider an adult movie. “Absolutely must be boring and pointless and about some left-leaning social justice issue or it’s not an adult movie!!” Pass!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 8

KOTM

6.5 (+55%)

5.0 (-23%)

= 15.7 (-67%)

At this point just grasping at straws but even so I hope it makes it to 16m.

---

25+ for ALADDIN. Dropped just 20% last Sunday.

32+ for DPX. Targeting 70-75 dom.

~47 for SLOP2. Could gross similar to PDP.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I don’t like the term “adult films” being used to describe extremely boring, pointless indie films that these clowns send out every year for the awards votes. That demeans the word “adult” if that’s what you’re going to consider an adult movie. “Absolutely must be boring and pointless and about some left-leaning social justice issue or it’s not an adult movie!!” Pass!

Dude, I bet you haven't even touched a book since you left school.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

What if..... adult movie just means “movie that is targeted for adults”

4 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

This thread is boring.

Let's talk about

Alita vs Valerian...which one you like?

Movie quality wise..boxoffice no contest.

Both great movies.  I think I might actually prefer Alita, although they’re both really close for me.

The people who said June was weak this year outside of TS4 were definitely right. This weekend is just depressing all around. Disney are going to have a ridiculous percentage of market share come the end of July. I hope the rest of the year isn't like this. 

14 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Both great movies.  I think I might actually prefer Alita, although they’re both really close for me.

I agree with the end result, but not the level of liking them. Alita was a few changes away from being decent, Valerian is cancer. 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

29 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That's a random ass debate for this topic... feel like X-Verse rankings or something would make more sense.

Valerian was fun, tho. Incredible visuals and some good performances. Script was meh, sadly. 

Yeah, let's have some X Men related questions.

Magneto about Charles in X2 - " Mr Stryker has powerful methods of persuasion, even against a mutant as strong as Charles"

Charles to Eric in FC -"You'll posses a power no one can match, not even me" 

So who's stronger between both of them in movies canon?

36 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Yeah, let's have some X Men related questions.

Magneto about Charles in X2 - " Mr Stryker has powerful methods of persuasion, even against a mutant as strong as Charles"

Charles to Eric in FC -"You'll posses a power no one can match, not even me" 

So who's stronger between both of them in movies canon?

Magneto's helmet and armor are designed specifically to stop Xavier, a telekinectic God, from shredding his mind to pieces. Xavier's powers can't really touch him, tbh, since Mags focuses so much of his electromagnetic manipulation power into creating shielding circuitry to protect him from X. And if X can't break into someone's mind, that someone is probably more powerful than him.

• Like 1