Boxofficerules

Black Christmas - cut down from an R rating to a PG-13.

2 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

How do you know? Have you even watched that new one?

No, admittedly I haven't. But I've read interviews with the director and writer and they actually make the agenda pretty clear as day. Plus, you can tell from the trailers. @Blaze Heatnix also pretty much summed it up.

• Like 1

Oh the “agenda” if you want to call it that is the least of the films problems. It’s actually a very interesting idea, but it’s eventually mishandled. 

The casting, script, acting and most of all, that twist (which I’m still in shock over how bad it is) are the main problems. 

Mostly the twist. Still can’t believe they went that way. 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 1:49 AM, Krissykins said:

Oh the “agenda” if you want to call it that is the least of the films problems. It’s actually a very interesting idea, but it’s eventually mishandled. 

The casting, script, acting and most of all, that twist (which I’m still in shock over how bad it is) are the main problems. 

Mostly the twist. Still can’t believe they went that way. 

I'm going to try to see it this week......but i trust your opinion on horror.....we're usually pretty synergistic when it comes to the genre.  So your thoughts on it don't have me too confident in this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CloneWars said:

I haven't seen it, but I think they should have kept it an R. It looks like an R movie and with people hating on it, I think the R rating would help it more than hurt it.

The twist they’ve went for towards the end cannot be saved, even by being R. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

I'm not. My fave Horror movies usually are PG13, plus, BH's main draw always has been teen girls, they're right in making this movie accessible to the only demo that will show up. 

But the main demo that showed up was men over 25....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

And that's the exactly reason why it bombed. :rofl:

If it's main demo had showed up, it would've easily opened above $10m.

Which is why feminists can't complain. The men/boys end up paying the bills.

40 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

What happened to you? You used to be a reasonable user, I found myself agreeing with you several times, but now you're becoming one of these MRA dude. Urgh.

I'm sorry you feel that way. A lot of people like me are getting tired of being bullied into silence by the left when it comes to our opinions and views. Generalizing me as "one of those MRA types" is an example of the kind of broad strokes the left is becoming famous for.

Anyway, my point was it's funny how the majority of the audience that saw this film on OW are the types the writers/director are trying to vilify. I'm not mad, I genuinely find it comical.

• Like 2

This is down to 2 showings a day at my local, will be gone after Christmas. 
I read this bit of trivia, no idea how true it is.

”Was initially filmed as an R-rated remake. After a negative reaction from test audiences, the film was re-edited to PG-13 after the screenings, which ended up getting even worse reviews than the R-rated version.”

Edited by Boxofficerules

2 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

This is down to 2 showings a day at my local, will be gone after Christmas. 
I read this bit of trivia, no idea how true it is.

”Was initially filmed as an R-rated remake. After a negative reaction from test audiences, the film was re-edited to PG-13 after the screenings, which ended up getting even worse reviews than the R-rated version.”

True.