Boxofficerules

Black Christmas - cut down from an R rating to a PG-13.

10 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

There's a test screening for this next week and, kinda shockingly, it looks to be PG-13. Or they're at least testing a PG-13 cut.

Not shocking at all anymore unfortunately, they’re CONSTANTLY taking movies that should clearly be rated R and making them PG-13, then act surprised when they can’t out gross R rated stuff. You would think Halloween’s box office would have changed that, or even IT, but no, STILL pumping out PG-13 crap.

I know people are infatuated with the Friday the 13th release date idea but now that The Boy 2 has moved from December 6, anyone think it would be a good idea to move this there? Give it a little room before the Christmas blockbusters hit? 

We say it about any Christmas movie and I think it applies to Christmas horrors too: it's going to completely die after Christmas. May as well release it at the beginning of December so you've got a couple weeks of relevance. Personally, I think it'll happen. The studio probably likes the Friday the 13th gimmick but undoubtedly they like the thought of more money moreso.

this one could explode the week before Star Wars.  Black Christmas could match the lame OW of Ouija, 20M, the boring OW of Get Out 30M, or A Quiet Place's 50M.   I'm interested who is going to be in anything other than Star Wars the following week.  That Christmas movie that opened before The Force Awakens didn't drop that much in the face of TFA and it hurt my derby.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, filmlover said:

I can't help but be amused at the fact the same studio (Universal) is putting out two completely different movies with "Christmas" in their titles (Last Christmas and Black Christmas) a month apart.

Not as amusing as Bob Clark directing both the original Black Christmas and "A Christmas Story".

27 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i guess they want to scare away viewers by making it an agenda film :sadno:

This tweet reads like “the movie tested poorly so we cut it down to try get as much money as possible before word gets out”

Thanks for letting us know we’re getting a censored version of the movie, makes it much easier to skip.

29 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Glad to see it's PG13! Brings more charm, I'm tired of Rated R Horror movies. 

Not sure if this is sarcasm or parody lol.

Ratings don’t usually bother me. I love plenty of horror that happens to be rated PG13. 

But when they’re actually cut, as this is, from R, just to achieve the rating for business reasons, it’s a bit lame. 

• Like 1