Eric the Fall Guy

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is Endgame keeping the theaters it got after this weekend because if it doesn't and goes back to 900, I don't see any sizabl boost happening.

Can't imagine it's losing much until at least the 12th.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Is Endgame keeping the theaters it got after this weekend because if it doesn't and goes back to 900, I don't see any sizabl boost happening.

It will keep most from all of this weekend, all of next weekend and then will lose a TON before next a week from next Friday the 12th as mentioned. 

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It’d be completely unreasonable to have a drop of theater count with how clear there is still demand for it. With Far From Home getting a release that works like a direct sequel, even more so.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

My theatre is actually losing it for Spider Man on Tuesday lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

My theatre is actually losing it for Spider Man on Tuesday lol

Completely? This seems bonkers, if there’s still demand for it. Especially with the potential for double features. I mean, your theatre still has Dark Phoenix, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Completely? This seems bonkers, if there’s still demand for it. Especially with the potential for double features. I mean, your theatre still has Dark Phoenix, right?

To be fair, I'm pretty sure his theater only has six screens. With such limited space and two new openers in just a couple days, things are probably super tight. :lol: 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, cax16 said:

My theatre has 14 screens and didn’t even put EG back in this weekend.

With how much demand clearly is for it, it’d be less surprising to have more theaters re-releasing Endgame than that film to fall off the face of the Earth just before Spider-Man: Far From Home.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

With how much demand clearly is for it, it’d be less surprising to have more theaters ré-releasing Endgame than that film to fall off the face of the Earth just before Spider-Man: Far From Home.

I’m not saying they were smart to not put it back in, I’m just pointing it out as you guys were discussing it. 

Just now, cax16 said:

I’m not saying they were smart to not put it back in, I’m just pointing it out as you guys were discussing it. 

Yeah, what I’m saying is that if this re-release proves to be a success and with Far From Home next week, I wouldn’t be surprised with theaters wanting in in the action. The other older films are clearly losing gas, while Endgame is still kicking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tawasal said:

And one more thing they don't get, is that this was in 2002 and 2003. It was really unheard of legs and run for a movie in that period, dare I say unimaginable. 

And the fact that it stayed in theaters for a year! Not even Titanic was able to accomplish that feat!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’m sure if you tagged him, he’d be very calm and rational in explaining it.  No aggressive behavior from him whatsoever, I’m sure.  He’s famously a level-headed user.

There's a reason why I said tempted as opposed to actually doing it. :ph34r:

37 minutes ago, cax16 said:

My theatre has 14 screens and didn’t even put EG back in this weekend.

I noticed you are in Toronto. 

I'm in Ottawa. I noticed Cineplex didn't pick it up in many of it's theatres, which was surprising. 

Maybe Cineplex thought it wouldn't sell?
I am seeing it at 8:30pm at the one Cineplex in town that is playing it, and it's filling up pretty fast.

• Like 1

EG came back to most of the larger multiplexes here, but didn't go back to all of them.  Including the smaller theaters, it showed up in about half of what large wide releases get here.  Which I suppose makes sense given the overall number of theaters nationwide.

Little surprised it didn't appear at the Palladio 16 but being part of a smaller chain maybe they didn't have the right level of negotiating power.  Or they were already locked in.  Didn't show up at the local Studio Movie Grill, either.  Though only having 9 screens, perhaps that's not a surprise, either. 

Edited by Porthos

26 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I noticed you are in Toronto. 

I'm in Ottawa. I noticed Cineplex didn't pick it up in many of it's theatres, which was surprising. 

Maybe Cineplex thought it wouldn't sell?
I am seeing it at 8:30pm at the one Cineplex in town that is playing it, and it's filling up pretty fast.

Ya I have no idea, seemed weird to not put it in at least 1 smaller theatre. 

Edited by cax16

Weird/Frustrating Endgame scheduling I'm seeing at my theater:  The only showing on Tuesday is 7:30PM.  I'm in full White Mom Wants To Talk To The Manager Mode.  If you're doing only ONE showing, it should be at 3:30PM.  That way people who couldn't get to the theater this weekend could do a double feature.  Your IMAX screens are full at 7:30PM and 9:30PM for FFH!  Are you expecting overflow?  Everyone in that crowd will have already seen the movie.  It's not some casuals who are gonna show up.  So silly.  I'm just like, Sure, Fine, Whatever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1