Eric Loves Rey

Weekend Thread: Actuals - TS4 59.7, Annabelle 20.3 (31.1 5-Day), Yesterday 17, Aladdin 10.1, Pets 7.3, MIB 6.7, Endgame 6.1

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Dumbo lost 1,6 mill with actuals......... Hmmmm.....

Went from 1.692.000 to 80.000

Where did that money go Disney?

look here

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2019&wknd=26&p=.htm

Yes, Disney needs to explain where did they sent that money that Dumbo organically earned in 120 theaters, which was more than it did on the past 9 weeks. Somebody call the FBI. 

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yes.

Thanks. The movie is doing extremely well in South Korea and Japan, and it's enjoying a phenomenally leggy run in America. I still believe it will end with $980 to $990M WW but i believe Disney will try to push it to the billion dollar club. :)

21 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Yes, Disney needs to explain where did they sent that money that Dumbo organically earned in 120 theaters, which was more than it did on the past 9 weeks. Somebody call the FBI. 

Double features that they initially awarded to Dumbo but then changed it to TS4 and/or Aladdin?

Lol, I was so ready to call Disney out and speculate they couldn't cross the 115M threshold with Dumbo to claim a loss and avoid tax or something. I guess that would be way too obvious. Still, it's interesting how much Toy Story 4, Aladdin and Endgame were under-estimated relative to everything else. 

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

23 million away for End Game.  This is very exciting. 

We talk about box office for runs like this. Yes, it’s awesome to see franchises like John Wick blooming, unexpected hits like Aladdin and even LMFAO runs like Hellboy (2019), but runs like Avengers: Endgame and Avatar are pretty much rarified air. And if you’ve seen Endgame, it’s crazy how meta the film and these two box office runs got, it’s truly a box office run for the ages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

We talk about box office for runs like this. Yes, it’s awesome to see franchises like John Wick blooming, unexpected hits like Aladdin and even LMFAO runs like Hellboy (2019), but runs like Avengers: Endgame and Avatar are pretty much rarified air. And if you’ve seen Endgame, it’s crazy how meta the film and these two box office runs got, it’s truly a box office run for the ages.

That's all well and good. Still love and even prefer a leggy run from a small or mid budget movie. Or, even something insane like Jumanji opening with 30M and legging it to 400M. Just more fun to track and follow. That's just me though.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That's all well and good. Still love and even prefer a leggy run from a small or mid budget movie. Or, even something insane like Jumanji opening with 30M and legging it to 400M. Just more fun to track and follow. That's just me though.

Don’t get me wrong, I love those unexpected leggy runs too. But there is something special for the juggernaut blockbuster runs.

I'm assuming all these extra theaters come from theaters that previously only ran Fox movies or something? I get that Disney has a shit ton of clout but that's the only thing I can't think of for the recent uptick.

Wow at those Disney actuals. TS4's weekend went from yikes from initial Friday reports to not bad with estimates to borderline good with actuals. 400-420 total seems highly likely now. Holy shit at Aladdin, nothing else to say about that. I think it legitimately stands a chance at this point to hit the 4x and beat TJB which is insane. And EG went up just enough that my confidence in it beating Avatar feels less like a leap of faith. 

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

1020mn is locked.

Thanks! The movie is doing so well that I'm starting to believe it will make it to 1 billion, but to surpass Alice - by far the worst live action adaptation Disney has made, in my opinion - would be like a dream come true ❤️