Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

That surprised me too. I admire the director for such twists.

My brother was complaining before the showing how predictable it was going to be. Well he wasn't complaining after :)

The audience literally gasped in horror and surprise when Andrew was impaled by the spear.

• Like 1

Jesus, Hiccup, you're making it sound as if you and your audience were transported to the war in Afghanistan. Seriously, you're blowing the reaction WAY out of proportion.I wasn't shocked when it happened. And I don't think many truly were.

Jesus, Hiccup, you're making it sound as if you and your audience were transported to the war in Afghanistan.Seriously, you're blowing the reaction WAY out of proportion.I wasn't shocked when it happened. And I don't think many truly were.

You weren't at my showing man. How do you know what the reaction was? What you felt and what your audience felt in your showing doesn't reflect what the audience in my showing felt. Every showing's audience is different.

My brother was complaining before the showing how predictable it was going to be. Well he wasn't complaining after :)

The audience literally gasped in horror and surprise when Andrew was impaled by the spear.

Primarily because he is Matt's cousin. Was so difficult for Matt to kill him.

• Like 1

You weren't at my showing man. How do you know what the reaction was? What you felt and what your audience felt in your showing doesn't reflect what the audience in my showing felt. Every showing's audience is different.

How do you know i wasn't?

Teens are behaved here. The most annoying for me are babies having tantrums, but of course parents take them out so as not to disturb the viewers.

Lol. Over here, if the kids cry, the parents will ignore them until they shut up. There is absolutely no respect for the others in the theater. I once had a lady with 4 kids behind me. The ENTIRE movie, they would just be talking amongst themselves or kicking their obnoxious little feet into my chair. Twice I turned around and told them to stop, and the lady didn't say a word to them.
  • Like 3

Lol. Over here, if the kids cry, the parents will ignore them until they shut up. There is absolutely no respect for the others in the theater. I once had a lady with 4 kids behind me. The ENTIRE movie, they would just be talking amongst themselves or kicking their obnoxious little feet into my chair. Twice I turned around and told them to stop, and the lady didn't say a word to them.

Wow. I am a very patient person but please I don't like things like these especially if I am watching a movie. I will turn into King Kong-like rampage if people ruin my moviegoing experience.I am not saying it's completely absent here but once kids make noise, their parents will ask them to keep quiet. People are very sensitive here.That really sucks. If you have spare time and money visit my country and you'll see the difference. :lol:
  • Like 1

I don't like an obnoxious, distracting audience but a loud, engaged crowd can be really fun. I don't even mind when people make loud comments for a laugh or whaetever, as long as it's in keeping... that's why sometimes it's fun to go see shit movies like The Roommate because you know you're going to get a funny crowd that will yell things like "DAMN! THAT BITCH CRAY!!!"

• Like 1

I'm fine with that too. But for movies in which every dialogue is important, I want a law that will prohibit people from talking.I also hate people "telling" the story while watching it with his/her friends because he/she has already seen it.I want to give them Avada Kabacon!

Chronicle

5:40pm

200 seater (65% full - surpriginly mixed audience, there were a couple of kids there)

Trailers

This Means War (Got the most evident reaction - laughter)

Wrath Of The Titans (I don't care)

The Avengers (Nice to finally see this trailer on the big screen)

The Hunger Games (See above and <3)

Review in the GTM forum.

Posted Image

The Vow

3:20PM Friday, February 10th

AMC Boston Common 19 & Lie-MAX

Theater Capacity: 215 (80% full; not as "girl" heavy as my friend and I were anticipating, but still about a 65-35 ratio)

Ticket Price: $9.50

Concessions: White Cherry Icee

TRAILERS:

Think Like a Man - finally, a comedy with a 95% Black cast that doesn't feature Tyler Perry; funny trailer, good reaction, and lots of talking

The Five-Year Engagement - Jason Segal and Emily Blunt in a romantic comedy? This'll be a no-brainer awesome time; excellent audience reaction, too

The Lucky Ones - women will pay top dollar to watch Zac Efron take his shirt off, stare into a camera, and smile for 90 minutes. This is at least the impression I got from the 20% of the audience that apparently had mild seizures during one of the steamier clips in this trailer. Well, here's to hoping it's a hit.

Titanic 3D - this movie could've made an extra $100 million in the 90's if they had this same trailer. People can hate on the movie, but I haven't heard/read a single negative comment about this trailer.

Prometheus - the perfect teaser; good reaction, too.

Girl in Progress - this looks like a very crappy version of Young Adult, and it only got a mild audience reaction.

THE FILM:

... "Starring The Notebook's Rachel McAdams ... and Dear John's Channing Tatum"...

The Vow may have been the smartest casting match-up and studio marketing scheme in the history of romantic dramas. Fortunately, this isn't one of those movies whose trailers spill all the good clips from the feature. But at the same time, the film was only marketed to us as one thing: 104 minutes of McAdams and Tatum. And in that department, The Vow delivers.

After writing a paper for a film class a few years ago on the relationship between mind & body and how disruptions to the two (such as brain damage) are portrayed in cinema, I was curious to see how The Vow handled this subject. Putting all the romance and story depth aside for a minute, The Vow succeeds in capturing this dilemma and truthfully (at first) demonstrates how it might play out. Although this could've made for a more interesting movie had they concentrated on these details, the film instead veers into depressing romance territory and sprinkles the story with added, unnecessary drama. For instance, I love the actors playing McAdams' film parents (Sam Neill and Jessica Lange), but their storyline wasn't so vital to the film I thought. And even though the writers made a worthy attempt at keeping clichés out of this story, I shamefully have to admit that I'd of preferred they put a few more clichés in the movie. I think the audience agreed with this.

There are far worse romantic dramas you could see on a date (Something Borrowed, anything else with Kate Hudson). And, actually, I'm glad I saw this movie. If anything, The Vow shows that Rachel McAdams' and Channing Tatum's careers are on cruise control as far as this genre is concerned, so if you did enjoy Dear John or The Notebook, you will likely enjoy The Vow, too.

Experience - 21/30

Story/Writing - 10/20

Acting - 12/15

Tech Specs (Cinematography, Editing, Effects) - 6/15

Direction - 6/10

Music - 7/10

THE VERDICT: 62/100, C

Edited by Andy Stitzer

The Vow

I saw this yesterday at 3:55. 225 seat theater, just shy of a sell out, it was 90% full when the movie started but people kept arriving for another 15 minutes.

Trailers:

Think Like a Man- pretty good reaction and it does look interesting

The Lucky Ones- the crowd really liked this one, but it looked like pure dreck to me, but then I'm not a 20 something girl. :P

Seeking a Friend For The End Of The World- another good crowd reaction, and much more to my liking.

Men In Black 3- almost no reaction.

The crowd was overwhelmingly female, there were some couples but there were mainly groups of 4, 5 and 6 women showing up together, I could almost cut the estrogen with a knife.

The crowd clearly loved this movie, positive reactions, laughs, some sniffles and excellent exit comments after it ended. I actually quite liked it myself, even Channing Tatum's "block of wood" acting was better than usual. I can see why this is overperforming, it catered to it's target audience perfectly.

8/10

• Like 1

Safe HouseSat 7:10 pmEdwards Ontario, CA300/PackedTrailersSilent House: Chick screaming at the top her lungs- audience groansProject X: Some laughs not many21 Jumpstreet: Good Lord this trailer was full of funny. Audience ate it up and the laughter was loud even after the trailer stopped. GI Joe: Good Trailer. Audience wasn't buying it.Battleship: See GI Joe aboveBourne Legacy: Appreciated it more on the big screen. Looked amazing. some chatterThe Movie:Very violent film. Good film but predictable. Thought the script was lacking. If you like lots of car chases, shoot outs, and ass kickings this is the movie for you. Good acting from Denzel and Reynolds. People even clapped at the end. Worth a look on the big screen.B+

Edited by ECSTASY