Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

When I saw 2012 there was this annoying girl who was about 14 in front of me who had her cell phone during about half the film. (She was sitting right in front of me. Go figure-its either that or the big 10 foot man in front of you)

(The theater was packed. Alvin, Puss in Boots, The Double and Sherlock were selling very well for the 3 PM showings. TDH... I don't even know what to say)THE DOUBLESunday, 1:10 PM144 seats, 9 peopleTrailersMan on a Ledge - Some interest by the adultsThe Descendents - Same hereMovie: Very solid thriller. With some good twists (if you don't see the trailer, of course). I liked Richard Gere, but I don't understand why he is doing this. He is a very good actor but is career is dead. Same with Topher Grace, but that guy never had a career in the first place. 7/10-----------------------------------------------------------------THE DARKEST HOUR 3DSunday, 3:30 PM359 seats, 8 peopleTrailersStar Wars Episode I 3D - Some people laughing and saying WTF, but they laugh harder in the next...Titanic 3D - Laughs, didn't understood whyUnderworld Awakening - NRMovie: Wow... where do I start? The actors were terrible. The GCI is good until the moment you see the aliens. After that there is no turning back. I see better GCI in DTV movies or Tv Shows. The story is also very mediocre. It is understandable why this is tanking. Not even teens are seeing this mess. 4.5/10

Edited by CJohn

(The theater was packed. Alvin, Puss in Boots, The Double and Sherlock were selling very well for the 3 PM showings. TDH... I don't even know what to say)THE DOUBLESunday, 1:10 PM144 seats, 9 peopleTrailersMan on a Ledge - Some interest by the adultsThe Descendents - Same hereMovie: Very solid thriller. With some good twists (if you don't see the trailer, of course). I liked Richard Gere, but I don't understand why he is doing this. He is a very good actor but is career is dead. Same with Topher Grace, but that guy never had a career in the first place. 7/10

surprised since The Double went straight to DVD in the states (I believe)

Lots of movies that are released straight to DVD in America like Trespass or The Double are released in Portugal with some good marketing and they usually turn out to be solid hits to our distributor.

I think it depends on how you want to feel when you get out of the movie - If you want to feel synthetically inspirational - Go See Red TailsIf you want to feel like you wanna kick some ass (yet feel like you've seen this movie before) - Go see Contraband

Haywire

9:30 PM - 75 people

Trailers

21 Jump Street

Some movie about war that apparently has real life soldiers playing the characters. The trailer has a great song playing in it.

A movie about an Edgar Allan Poe themed killer.

Project X? A movie about a giant party.

Movie:

So honestly I just wanted to go to the movies to ask for a movie poster that they didn't have. Haywire had Fassbender and action and good reviews so I chose to see that.

HOLY GOD THE FIGHT SCENES (of which there are maybe 10 that each last 5 minutes at least) ARE AMAZING. The choreography is perfect and it's really flashy yet still "real" with guns rarely being used. The girl is apparently some martial arts person in real life so I guess she already knew some of her character's (Mallory) awesome moves. Michael Fassbender is only in it for maybe 20 min but he's great, Michael Douglas is good but in it even less, Ewan McGregor (sp?) is pretty awesome, and the rest of the cast is too long to list. Just woa. I would see this again to watch the bedroom fight scene. And the one on the beach. And in the diner. And the one in Barcelona. And all the others. AND THE LAST LINE! It's hilarious!

One thing I noticed was that the font used to name the cities the characters go to is like the same font they used in Contagion. Same director, who knew. Great cinematography. AND THE SCORE. AMAZING MUSIC.

When each fight scene reached the climax the audience I was watching with all laughed at how friggin' amazing Mallory is and how she just owned that particular opponent. Hard.

Edited by Dragon Travtoo
  • Like 1

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, SpyEvent Cinemas Westgate, AucklandFri 5.40pm 20 Jan150 seats - a third full - mainly older peopleTrailers:GWTDTSafe HouseAnother I can't remember. No reaction to any of them.I went to see this with my Dad, who is the pickiest movie-goer ever, and suprisingly - he really liked it! I thought it was great - both my Dad and I were easily able to follow what was happening. I'm not saying those who find the movie confusing are dumb, but...Gary Oldman was just brilliant - he should get an Oscar nom in my opinion - it's scandalous that he's been snubbed so far by the American awards. The rest of the cast was also great - especially Mark Strong. This movie is very cerebral and slowly-paced, deliberately so, the atmosphere and cinematography are very true to the time - London in the 70s was a dull, grey, depressing place. My Dad lived there at the time - he said that was just like the London he remembered.I thought the end was brilliant, I definitely want to see this again when it comes out on DVD.A-

• Like 1

Haywire

9:30 PM - 75 people

Trailers

21 Jump Street

Some movie about war that apparently has real life soldiers playing the characters. The trailer has a great song playing in it.

A movie about an Edgar Allan Poe themed killer.

Project X? A movie about a giant party.

Movie:

So honestly I just wanted to go to the movies to ask for a movie poster that they didn't have. Haywire had Fassbender and action and good reviews so I chose to see that.

HOLY GOD THE FIGHT SCENES (of which there are maybe 10 that each last 5 minutes at least) ARE AMAZING. The choreography is perfect and it's really flashy yet still "real" with guns rarely being used. The girl is apparently some martial arts person in real life so I guess she already knew some of her character's (Mallory) awesome moves. Michael Fassbender is only in it for maybe 20 min but he's great, Michael Douglas is good but in it even less, Ewan McGregor (sp?) is pretty awesome, and the rest of the cast is too long to list. Just woa. I would see this again to watch the bedroom fight scene. And the one on the beach. And in the diner. And the one in Barcelona. And all the others. AND THE LAST LINE! It's hilarious!

One thing I noticed was that the font used to name the cities the characters go to is like the same font they used in Contagion. Same director, who knew. Great cinematography. AND THE SCORE. AMAZING MUSIC.

When each fight scene reached the climax the audience I was watching with all laughed at how friggin' amazing Mallory is and how she just owned that particular opponent. Hard.

Carano is an MMA fighter...you didn't know that?
  • Like 1

The MuppetsFri 8:15pm35 people (less than 1/3 - horrible for an opening weekend)the trailers were all for children's films which was stupid since no one in the audience was under 25 and most 40+ I guess :lol:The film: AWell maybe I'm just being nostalgic here - the muppets being after all part of my childhood (me and my sister were very proud of our Muppet pyjamas and even performed sketches at home) - but my girl who has never been much into them also liked the film. There was so much enthusiasm on the screen that it would be actually hard to dislike it.Box-office wise this will not do big numbers here although WOM should be exceptional - the audience was completely into it, laughing, clapping and even humming and singing along - but I was expecting more like a sell-out on opening weekend. Maybe weather conditions played a role (heavy snowfall here in Tyrol the last days) but if this doesn't have a significant increase next weekend I'd expect it in the range of Tintin in Germany+Austria (about 15mil).

Edited by IndustriousAngel
  • Like 1