Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

i don't understand how anyone going to see the artist doesnt know that its a silent film

just came back from a 4.20pm showing of sherlock holmes 2, at my cinemai arrived just on time for the sequence before title, the movie was really goodi'd say it was about 70% full crowd-wisefor some reason i always have a bit of a pb getting into sherly tics, then what i found funny the first film was a bit redundant this trip the slow-motion recap of a fight that's about to happen then you have to watch it all over as it actually happens, they better drop that if they do a 3rd,by this point i'm enjoying myself yet wondering what the plot is about but downey's quirks and rapport with j.law have me laughing./near the end i'm wondering if they'll actually beat the bad guy thanks to downey control of the character i really feel like they're f'd then of course he wows me with the crazy end and i go "that's was brilliant , i love this movie" i need to watch this again...i only hope what happened with the first doesn't occur here too, just imagine i thought the same thing after the first one when i left theatre and i proceeded never to see it again not online not on dvd not even illegally or on tv(although since i don't own a tv that one has an easy explanation)still movie is easily a 7/10 ,hope they make a third one! i'd watch it.
  • Like 1

The theater was packed at Satudary night here like I have never seen since Breaking Dawn Part 1 OW. Millenium 1, The Descendants were behaving like massive blockbusters. And Sherlock Holmes 2 still has a lot in the tank at his 3rd weekend.

Coriolanus

1:50 showing, 70-75 people in a 200 seat theater.

only 1 trailer. I can't recall the title but it was a polish film about Jews escaping during WW2, looked interesting.

The movie was quite interesting, excellent performances. I actually liked the old English used, it just works so well with anything Shakespearian. The audience seemed engrossed and there was some positive chatter at the end. Interesting that almost nobody got up after it ended until the credits were nearly done.

I'd give it a solid 9/10, probably the best 2012 movie I've seen so far.

Contraband2:30PMAbout 75% full. (Some teens snuck in also I noticed)Trailers:This Means War: Laughs.John Carter: Talking, looks good still.Cabin in the Woods: Looks terrible. (I hope that slutty girl dies, and she tries to kiss a wolf???)Battleship (new trailer): It actually looks a little better. Though I swear Rhianna already looks to have a terrible acting career.Safe House: Nothing, looks good.Movie: Really good. Mark does a great job. The music though was the best part, the classic rock songs was a nice touch. I don't think the script was that thin contrary to what some critics thought. The twist was pretty good (caught a bunch off guard)B+

We Bought a Zoo

Jan. 23, 2012

4:50 pm screening

Glorietta, Makati City, Philippines

40% full (300-400 seats)

Trailers (the ones I was able to catch since when I entered the cinema the trailers were already showing)

The Descendants

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Rock of Ages - some laughs when Tom Cruise appeared

Titanic 3D - I hear a couple of people saying they will see it

The Movie:

I really liked it. Yes, it's predictable heartwarming stuff but it worked. Matt Damon did well here, liked his dramatic scenes with his son. Scarlet Johannson was quite OK here as well. Elle Fanning is such a delight to see on screen, she really has this charm and I hope she grows up to be a fine actress, I think she has "it". The music is great as expected. The crowd liked it as well and they adored Rosie a lot. My favorite scene would have to be when Rosie was "catching the spirit" of her mom, I almost got teary eyed with that scene. Well played!

B