charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (7/10) Numbers.

1 minute ago, Felandria said:

Week 2 it had to deal with Power Rangers (40m)

week 3, Boss Baby (50m)

week 5, Fate of the Furious (98m)

Beauty was more than double above Power Rangers week 2 so that was a non-issue really, and by week 5 it had dropped to small enough numbers to play in the background of Fate.

Aladdin meanwhile was still reeling from Endgame (when you have a movie that everyone sees, a lot of people are going to say "no thanks" to the rest of the month) and bad initial buzz to overcome. The legs speak for themselves though. Wonder if it'll get a double feature boost with Lion King. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Beauty was more than double above Power Rangers week 2 so that was a non-issue really, and by week 5 it had dropped to small enough numbers to play in the background of Fate.

Aladdin meanwhile was still reeling from Endgame (when you have a movie that everyone sees, a lot of people are going to say "no thanks" to the rest of the month) and bad initial buzz to overcome. The legs speak for themselves though. Wonder if it'll get a double feature boost with Lion King. 

B&B had weak competition aside from FF8 and it opened in it's 5th week. Where as Aladdin opened in one of the most overcrowded slots. 

Endgame, John Wick 3 and detective Pika were already in theaters but had slowed down at that time tho but still there and grabbing cash in all markets. 

1st Week: KOTM

2nd Week: Dark Phoenix and The Secret Life of Pets 2

3rd Week: Men in Black: International

4th Week: Toy Story 4

5th Week: ---------

6th week:  Spiderman far from home

7th week: ---------

8th week: The Lion King

All of these had big brands and offer competition despite some of them underperforming while alot of these movies underperformed just due to competition in some markets and tbh the competition is more real in the OS markets while DOM is not as much. In OS markets if another big circus comes to town you can get pushed out and lose millions because these markets are hype fueled and they watch whatever has hype currently.  So you gotta make money quickly and get out but if you have long legs you will suffer from competition more then movies who are frontloaded.

Aladdin's sequel is more suited for an empty October/November where it can enjoy stretching it's legs but not a heated summer slot but amazing that it made a Billion in such overcrowded markets and it just shows the magic of Aladdin in general on the BO

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Beauty and the Beast was just much more of a cultural event when it opened. It was everywhere. 

Nah. "Cultural" is a strong word. It's big but it didn't touch all walks of life for that matter.

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Beauty and the Beast was just much more of a cultural event when it opened. It was everywhere. 

It was a famous and well known brand that has existed for almost 3-decades and from the Disney Renaissance. It was expected to hit these heights and it did but if you put it in Aladdin's 2019 slot or even in 2021's avatar and Star wars slots and see if it can hit these heights? I would say impossible. I don't think it would even hit the B in such an opening date. In my opinion even tho Aladdin made a billion it left alot of money on the table. 

And alot of people will realize this once it's sequal arrives and opens in a good slot where it can have an extended period of break-out. The floor is 1.4B

Edited by Geo1500

17 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Aladdin is probably the only one of these remakes that could get a sequel and not have it automatically decrease from the first. 

i thinjk that is the only one that cab have a sequel, as i dont beliieve that you can make a sequel for lion king or jungle book or beaty and the beast

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i thinjk that is the only one that cab have a sequel, as i dont beliieve that you can make a sequel for lion king or jungle book or beaty and the beast

You can make sequals to all these who had sequels previously in the animations that includes both Lion King and TJB, The little mermaid and Mulan all these had sequel and sequels 

Edited by Geo1500

Just now, Geo1500 said:

You can make sequals to all these who had sequels previously in the animations that includes both Lion King and TJB, The little mermaid and Mulan all these had sequel and sequels 

oh my bad then, i didnt know that these had sequels other than lion king

20 minutes ago, john2000 said:

The way Jungle Book ended (by finishing before "the girl") makes me think they left that material specifically for the sequel. Also they've already announced a sequel which Jon Favreau will start working on after he is done with Lion King. The kid will be bigger by then so I'm guessing they plan to go for the integrating him back with the humans route because he falls in love with "the girl". So there's definitely a lot of material for The Jungle Book to draw upon for a sequel. Now Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Cinderella and pretty much most of them, yes, I agree, very hard to make sequels for, even harder to make a sequel people will actually want to see (looking at you Maleficent 2). There's a lot more left in the tank for The Jungle Book 2 and Aladdin 2.

• Like 2

Spider-Man: Far from Home $9,230,000
Toy Story 4 $4,270,000
Yesterday $1,260,000
Annabelle Comes Home $1,200,000
Aladdin (2019) $1,090,000
Midsommar $910,000
The Secret Life of Pets 2 $780,000
Men in Black International $510,000
Avengers: Endgame $390,000
Rocketman $310,000
Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 13

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:
Spider-Man: Far from Home $9,230,000
Toy Story 4 $4,270,000
Annabelle Comes Home $1,200,000
Yesterday $1,260,000
Aladdin (2019) $1,090,000
Midsommar $910,000
The Secret Life of Pets 2 $780,000
Men in Black International $510,000
Avengers: Endgame $390,000
Rocketman $310,000

Is there a typo for Yesterday's numbers? Because that number makes it 3rd, not 4th. And of course thanks for being so amazing with these early numbers.

10 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

Is there a typo for Yesterday's numbers? Because that number makes it 3rd, not 4th. And of course thanks for being so amazing with these early numbers.

I actually forget to rank them, just used Tuesday ranking. Its actually surprising to see Yesterday numbers so high than what I thought in morning. Perhaps some reporting error.

FFH number is solid. Let's guess:

8.8M Thursday

12.8M Friday (around 45% increase)

18M Saturday (around 40% increase)

14.2M Sunday (around 21% decrease)

45M 2nd weekend. Around 274M DOM

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I actually forget to rank them, just used Tuesday ranking. Its actually surprising to see Yesterday numbers so high than what I thought in morning. Perhaps some reporting error.

Didn't you post Yesterday numbers some hours ago and it was on 1 million. Annabelle was on 1.20 there too.

1 hour ago, Bordlove said:

Nah. "Cultural" is a strong word. It's big but it didn't touch all walks of life for that matter.

I just said “much more of a cultural event” than Aladdin remake. It was everywhere, hence the biggest opening for these films. 

1 hour ago, Geo1500 said:

It was expected to hit these heights and it did but if you put it in Aladdin's 2019 slot or even in 2021's avatar and Star wars slots and see if it can hit these heights? I would say impossible. 

That’s all just speculation though. I originally expected Aladdin to make much more than it has. It’s still saved face obviously but I originally thought it would be as big as BATB. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1