charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (7/10) Numbers.

1 minute ago, superduperm said:

Wait so TS4 is actually hovering around 4.458?

That would be a dang good hold considering that's higher than Monday.

A little lower, around 4.35, not that it can't be 4.45

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a2k said:

-40.5% drop for FFH. Good considering strong Tue bump.

Guessing 8-8.5 Thu and 12.5-13 Fri

Looking at 42-45m 2nd weekend. Good. 

Can't help but feel like the weak marketing meant money was left on the table for Aladdin domestically. Incredible legs but considering the original smoked the original B&B I can't imagine the remake should have fallen behind that much.

Though Endgame probably didn't help much either. I don't even remember what movies opened around B&B17.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Can't help but feel like the weak marketing meant money was left on the table for Aladdin domestically. Incredible legs but considering the original smoked the original B&B I can't imagine the remake should have fallen behind that much.

The reviews and bad pre release buzz probably hindered it a bit. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The reviews and bad pre release buzz probably hindered it a bit. 

Both hindered but very very litte effect but the true hindrance comes via opening in a crowded summer slot. It has definitely lost around 150-200M due to furious summer competition thru out it's run. 

I never want to see again Aladdin sequel opening in a summer slot or in other overcrowded schedule this thing needs a breathing space because it has good legs. A empty october/November slot would have suited much better. 1.3-1.4B would be locked in such situation

Edited by Geo1500

Don't want to get too excited about Aladdin because it might drop a bit in finals, but still that's incredible. Day 48, just one last day and then 52 is guaranteed and that's just out of this world for any movie, let alone one some called a prime candidate for the box office bomb of the summer.

Just now, Bordlove said:

1 Billion

4x multiplier (hopefully)

Biggest Will Smith movie DOM and WW (not to mention his first billie)

What other major milestone can this make?

First Disney movie to break the Memorial Day curse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Though Endgame probably didn't help much either. I don't even remember what movies opened around B&B17.

Week 2 it had to deal with Power Rangers (40m)

week 3, Boss Baby (50m)

week 5, Fate of the Furious (98m)

• Astonished 1