charlie Jatinder

Wednesday (7/10) Numbers.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Think we won't know where it'll finish for a bit. Late legs will be everything. Patience with this one...

One must never forget, HC had great late legs, especially after considering its 2nd week's drop of 62% .

At one point of run, HC stayed at number 7 for 5 weeks! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davidwested said:

Well he still had Yesterday at 1 million earlier. So it would be weird if it suddenly jumped so much over just few hours. We will see

It doesnt matter? You were incorrect in what you said as it has nothing to do with Charlie or his number. Sometimes things are reported weirdly but overall it doesn't change anything. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

Me waking up to those Lion King reviews:

mshckd.gif

We got a bomba on our hands, folks. Spidey will take the crown three weekends in a row. :jeb!:

Nah, too many presales already booked, too few movies for the older female faction (who tend to get crappier movies) to turn this one away, and a large portion of Disney fans are review proof...and just such an empty July schedule...TLK will win the weekend handily...now with a number so many were expecting?  The reviews could put that in doubt...

• Like 1

Critics Consensus

The Lion King

Critics Consensus

Though it can take pride in its visual achievements, this reimagined The Lion King<\em> is a by the numbers retelling lacks the energy and heart that made the original so beloved - though for some fans that may just be enough.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Think we won't know where it'll finish for a bit. Late legs will be everything. Patience with this one...

I think HC's legs work against FFH.

HC had a really dead marketplace after week 3. Only 2 movies had over 30M starts (Dunkirk, Annabelle) over a 7 week stretch. There wasn't much in the marketplace which helped HC's legs. Basically from the last weekend of July through Labor Day weekend nothing was making much money.

TLK by itself will change that scenario and H&S and OUaTiH have some potential as well.

FFH needs to put as much space as possible between itself and HC as i think it will be in a more competitive marketplace and will therefore have a more difficult time have the same holds as HC did. You can't really count on FFH to match HC's late legs, you can only hope that it does.

7 minutes ago, Zatt Hawkguy Murdock said:

I’m legit sad about The Lion King. Not saying that the critics are wrong, far from it. It’s just that I was legit rooting for the project. 

After Jungle Book was so great, I was pretty excited and optimistic about Lion King, but none of the pre-release footage made me go "wow, I want to see that!" I'm still curious about checking it out as the original is in my top ten but at least my expectations are in check now. 

This is all SW's fault*, obviously

* Because everything is SW's fault.  Or at least so I've been told.

If Kathleen Kennedy hadn't hired Jon Favreau to run that new SW live action TV series, his attention wouldn't have been split and he could have delivered a better movie.

Shame, Lucasfilm.  SHAME. :sadno:

Spoiler

MUST I?

Very well.

pJgt4zW.gif

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If Kathleen Kennedy hadn't hired Jon Favreau to run that new SW live action TV series, his attention wouldn't have been split and he could have delivered a better movie.

Hide contents

MUST I?

Very well.

pJgt4zW.gif

You get a like for this emoticon alone. Never saw it before. :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

Damn you Rian Johnson, always ruin every movie with big potential.

He is indeed very powerful sith with access to the troll side of the force:sparta:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mekanos said:

I was hoping I didn't need an /s on that post. I even used Jeb!

One of the most obvious examples of sarcasm I’ve ever seen in my entire life. I feel like sarcasm gets missed on this board even more than usual on the internet.     

Like, yes, text can’t convey tone of voice. But between emotes and context it really shouldn’t be that hard to figure out...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

As long as The Mandalorian is good, I don't give a flying fig about The Lion King.

• Like 1

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
1 (1) Spider-Man: Far From Home Sony Pictures $9,250,000 -39% 4,634 $1,996   $220,325,421 9
- (2) Toy Story 4 Walt Disney $4,305,709 -35% 4,540 $948   $321,273,472 20
- (3) Annabelle Comes Home Warner Bros. $1,201,246 -33% 3,613 $332   $54,107,002 15
- (5) Aladdin Walt Disney $1,103,436 -32% 2,758 $400   $324,443,289 48
- (8) Men in Black: International Sony Pictures $500,000 -30% 2,716 $184   $73,819,958 27
- (9) Avengers: Endgame Walt Disney $384,327 -24% 1,985 $194   $849,153,234 76
- (10) Rocketman Paramount Pictures $305,123 -21% 1,409 $217   $89,982,181 41
- (13) Godzilla: King of the Monsters Warner Bros. $113,077 -25% 721 $157   $108,641,374 41
- (-) Pavarotti CBS Films $70,518 +1% 250 $282   $3,171,032 34
- (14) Shaft Warner Bros. $66,127 -37% 439 $151   $20,325,476 27
- (15) Dark Phoenix 20th Century Fox $54,065 -34% 426 $127   $64,836,778 34
- (-) Pokémon: Detective Pikachu Warner Bros. $39,235 -16% 247 $159   $143,188,079 62
- (-) The Other Side of Heaven 2:… ArtAffects $30,478 -50% 179 $170   $1,098,063 13
- (-) Dumbo Walt Disney $10,035 -15% 103 $97   $114,577,921 104
- (-) Shazam! Warner Bros. $8,204 -8% 104 $79   $140,230,073 97
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1