TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If Doctor Strange couldn't do it then I doubt Thor would.

Well yeah. What’s the point of choosing a bar it will actually hit, are you trying to deny me my fun or something :ph34r:   

Spoiler

More seriously, DS 1st trailer was depressed by the NWH post credits attachment and the 2nd trailer is (imo) depressed by being a 2nd trailer. I think it would have pulled perhaps low-mid 2s with a normal 1st trailer and I expect Thor and BP2 to do just that

17 minutes ago, dax33 said:

I remember when Ragnarok trailer came out and surprisingly destroyed Homecoming, GOTG2 and Justice League in views and likes

Because it was an epic trailer with one of the best rock songs ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Astonished 2

We would have heard something by now if something were happening tomorrow.

I'd say no trailer until Doctor Strange 2 is out. I am not sure why they are taking this approach, but I hope it works out the best for them. Although, I'd hate to move forward where all big budget movies follow this marketing format. Makes the lead up to movie releases kinda boring and uneventful.

I remember that Ragnarok teaser destroyed TLJ teaser. The latter was more anticipated for it had Star Wars Celebration build up, but Ragnarok was so good and catchy it stole TLJ's thunder. Everyone was raving about it, insta memes, etc. 

L&T will have more likes than MoM. 2M is doable. It's going to be funnier and funny trounces sombre/serious. 

17 minutes ago, jedijake said:

We would have heard something by now if something were happening tomorrow.

I'd say no trailer until Doctor Strange 2 is out. I am not sure why they are taking this approach, but I hope it works out the best for them. Although, I'd hate to move forward where all big budget movies follow this marketing format. Makes the lead up to movie releases kinda boring and uneventful.

Not necessarily, Marvel is holding things better recently and they never announce this things officially.

Ms Marvel trailer dropped without anyone confirming it. 

DS2 full trailer on SB was also a surprise until just hours before it.

Only tomorrow we will know for sure.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Is Disney waiting for #CINEMACON at this point?  Their day is April 27th!  

At this point i can see they waiting MOM, who knows. Tomorrow, cinemacon, MOM, whatever, it's all close.

But whatever date they decide, this trailer really needs to be f- awesome. 

The marketing will lasts just 2 months, starting with a banger is a obligation now or they're screwed.

Ragnarok have the best teaser of the MCU tho, so i'm confident.

I suspect we will not get a trialer until Doctor Strange opens.

I still think the best response to fans whining for a trailer was the Russo's posting up the Orson Welles "No Wine Before It's Time" commerical.

COme to think of it, Welles's trailer for the "Citizen Kane" might bethe single best trailer in film history. even today it would be a pretty original and daring apporach for a trailer.

9 hours ago, jedijake said:

Because releasing it now would either get drowned out by Multiverse of Madness hype or take attention away from that movie's marketing. I think releasing it with MOM makes the most sense. Everyone who goes to see it (the vast majority of the audience) will see the trailer. It's kinda pushing it but it's probably the smart play.

Edited by poweranimals

9 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I remember that Ragnarok teaser destroyed TLJ teaser. The latter was more anticipated for it had Star Wars Celebration build up, but Ragnarok was so good and catchy it stole TLJ's thunder. Everyone was raving about it, insta memes, etc. 

L&T will have more likes than MoM. 2M is doable. It's going to be funnier and funny trounces sombre/serious. 

Marvel movies have a big advantage in online chatter compared to SW, but TLJ didn't have its thunder stolen by Ragnarok. Its trailers did very well for themselves. Ragnarok's trailer did amazing of course but I don't see how this comparison makes sense. 

Still kind of hoping, though she is not listed int he credits, that Darcy makes an appreence. SHe was funny in the first two Thor films (and of the few good things about the second) and I happy to see her back in the MCU with "Wandavision". Kat Dannings is very funny lady.

Edited by dudalb

55 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Trailer today BOYS

Nope-no report of anything coming.

My thought was they had a teaser ready to go in late February or early March. It didn't look the way they wanted and they didn't want to face another Aladdin-Will Smith-teaser dilemma. So they did reshoots. When they finished, it was pressing too close to DS2's release, so they decided to just hold off to give DS2 its space.

The kicker is that there are so many other little nuggets they could have thrown out there like a sizzle reel, poster, pics and stills. Seems like they're putting all their eggs into the two-month basket.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I hope this under performs somewhat and teaches Disney a lesson.

One MCU movie underperforming wouldn't teach Disney anything. The MCU can handle a few movies not doing big numbers.

When the first Captain America underperformed they kind of rebooted the IP and made it a hit.

Same for Thor's movies actually after the 2nd movie. 

Thor is just too big now to under perform like that. 

• ...wtf 1