TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

It's missing a small woah factor but damn this looks fun as hell!

So much Korg. Even the shot ripped straight from the comic is exactly the same as in the comic... except with more Korg :hahaha:

edit: can't complain though

What shot is that and what comic is it from?

25 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

Nothing like a good dose of motion capture/CGI magic to pump anyone "up" a few weight classes. 

Behind the scenes pics would seem to suggest that Portman really did bulk up quite a bit. I just have trouble believing it was done naturally.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah i know all that. 

I just find weird since the timing is super similar and the reactions was so radically different, so my first though was "one must be wrong", i didn't dare to said which one because i wasn't there to know. 

But yeah i remember sometimes they test different cuts to decide which one is better, so maybe that's why there's 2 reports so different during the same time.

For what it's worth, the complaint I heard was that the comedy feels listless and wasn't landing, so that's the kind of thing that can def change in various cuts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

For what it's worth, the complaint I heard was that the comedy feels listless and wasn't landing, so that's the kind of thing that can def change in various cuts.

Yeah definitely, and they did some days of reshoots last month with Bale if i remember correctly.

Maybe the villain scenes have too much bad comedy and wasn't working, so they reshoot before the last test screening in early april that "everybody loved".

Hopefully it's really fixed now, i didn't really loved the trailer but i love Taika so rooting for the best.

4 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Taika is insufferable now and they have a new co-writer on this who isn't great. Given his knack for improv and recent reshoots, is it really surprising the movie could be a mess?

I think you're projecting your own feelings related to Taika in everyone else.

Since the pandemic the only things related to him dropping was S3 from What We Do In The Shadows, Reservation Dogs S1 and Our Flag Means Death S1, all of them very well received by critics and audiences. 

And honestly reshoots for Thor was pretty quick for MCU, NWH and DS2 have way more extensive reshoots and seems like both turn out fine.

I mean, it can be a mess, it always can be until it's released, but not because he is insufferable now or because of quick reshoots imo.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I think you're projecting your own feelings related to Taika in everyone else.

Since the pandemic the only things related to him dropping was S3 from What We Do In The Shadows, Reservation Dogs S1 and Our Flag Means Death S1, all of them very well received by critics and audiences. 

And honestly reshoots for Thor was pretty quick for MCU, NWH and DS2 have way more extensive reshoots and seems like both turn out fine.

I mean, it can be a mess, it always can be until it's released, but not because he is insufferable now or because of quick reshoots imo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I feel like there is rumours of problems with every Marvel production lately including the tv shows. 

Maybe it’s the problem of stretching themselves too thin, they are releasing a lot more stuff now as a studio. 

Also does anyone have MCU burnout? I thought I did but I enjoyed NWH, Shang Chi, Moon Knight etc.

1 minute ago, exomassey said:

I feel like there is rumours of problems with every Marvel production lately including the tv shows. 

Maybe it’s the problem of stretching themselves too thin, they are releasing a lot more stuff now as a studio. 

Also does anyone have MCU burnout? I thought I did but I enjoyed NWH, Shang Chi, Moon Knight etc.

Isn't it only She-Hulk and now this having mixed rumors? I know Mrs. Marvel had reshoots but I personally haven't heard anything quality wise. Dr. Strange had reshoots too but there were lots of rumors regarding why, not primarily "problematic" IIRC. 

I do agree they're probably running themselves thin producing more content than ever, but while I am burned out, the general public does not seem to be. I think it would have to take a lot of bad projects to cause burnout--maybe from one of their bigger films. MCU avoids it because they're onto the next one almost immediately. Like Eternals to Spiderman. 

23 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Taika is insufferable now and they have a new co-writer on this who isn't great. Given his knack for improv and recent reshoots, is it really surprising the movie could be a mess?

This is why I hate those "scoops" about films test screenings.  It gives some people  who are waiting in the corner ammo for projection. 

I will say this,  yes jt would surprising cause it's marvel and none of their movies have ended up as complete messes unlike their competition. So if I see the movie in July and it ends up being a mess,  yes I would be surprised and so would be most people. 

Also a lot of you might surprised to learn that more than a few acclaimed mcu movies were messes during one point in their post production. 

3 minutes ago, exomassey said:

No,  there isn't.  She hulk rumors were debunked and the delay is due to vfx. MS marvel doesn't have bad drama,  people  don't like her power change but that does nothing to do either production of the show. There has been no drama about Quantumanja,  the marvels,  Black panther 2( weights controversy and prolonged production due to other facts aren't indicative of poor quality) or GOTG VOL 3. So by definition the majority of mcu productions DONT have drama. 

Just now, exomassey said:

I don´t have a burnout exactly, but i´m not interest in this flood of products.

I think What If is a waste of time, i didn´t bother to see Hawkeye, still didn´t started Moon Knight, and not really excited for She Hulk or Ms Marvel. But i do believe they don´t know how to make TV Shows, they´re all have structural problems that have nothing to do with production problems, it´s conceptual. They´re treating this shows like extended movies cut in pieces and it´s not working.

I also think BW isn´t a very good movie, NWH is a better rollercoaster with fanservices than a proper movie, and i have huge problems with the bad VFX and cinematography recently. Still, i´m very excited for DS2 and Thor, i really love Sam and Taika, i think Shang Chi was a delight experience overall despite the terrible looking climax, and Eternals is very interesting. 

So yeah, in resume i don´t have a burnout, i just firmly believes when you drop 15 projects every year you should expect parts of the audiences to start choose what they want to watch, which isn´t really good for them since their goal is to make people to follow everything since it´s a universe connected.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeight said:

This is why I hate those "scoops" about films test screenings.  It gives some people  who are waiting in the corner ammo for projection. 

I will say this,  yes jt would surprising cause it's marvel and none of their movies have ended up as complete messes unlike their competition. So if I see the movie in July and it ends up being a mess,  yes I would be surprised and so would be most people. 

Also a lot of you might surprised to learn that more than a few acclaimed mcu movies were messes during one point in their post production. 

"New member"

Look, I don't think this movie will be "bad". I'm on record as saying it's an easy 1billion.  But I also wouldn't be surprised if production was messy. And I'm confident it's not going to be as well-received as Ragnarok. I don't need ammo to fire off my Taika hate. Nothing to project, buddy. 

I dont know. Instead of complaining, maybe actually appreciate someone is sharing information they've heard? They didn't have to, and while it can be annoying (ViewerAnon), they're just sharing movie news...on a movie news site

• Like 1