TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah, back then it was biggest standalone movie from MCU. Did ₹77cr ($12M).

If this is good, can do ₹250cr+.

Sounds like Marvel movies in India are doing numbers similar to what they were doing in China in 2008. With their growing middle class Marvel should concentrate more on that market than China since 1) I don't think India would censor their movies like China, 2) They'd probably get 40% of the gross instead of 20% or whatever from China and 3) China is blocking their movies anyways. I just don't know if multiplexes and the movie industry there is growing rapidly and if competing with bollywood and local cinema would be a bigger challenge than I'm thinking.

8 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Sounds like Marvel movies in India are doing numbers similar to what they were doing in China in 2008. With their growing middle class Marvel should concentrate more on that market than China since 1) I don't think India would censor their movies like China, 2) They'd probably get 40% of the gross instead of 20% or whatever from China and 3) China is blocking their movies anyways. I just don't know if multiplexes and the movie industry there is growing rapidly and if competing with bollywood and local cinema would be a bigger challenge than I'm thinking.

The only problem is that what China did with its economy is rarity, India cant even possibly dream to do.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:18 AM, Maggie said:

Christ, released less than 20 minutes ago and already over 100k likes.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:36 AM, ThomasNicole said:

35 minutes stats: 

1.57M views on YT (definitely lagging but already big) 

251k likes 

2M views on Twitter 

127k likes

On 4/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, Menor Reborn said:

Gigantic first hour in trailer likes, gonna be near 450k (DS2 second trailer 300k)

First trailer took off like a rocket first hour then fell off hard, but anyway here are some early stats I dug up

I'm also most surprised by the poster billing. Was certain Portman would get the second credit and Bale would get the "and" credit. Also very surprised Crowe has billing, guess it's more than a cameo. Also thought Chris Pratt at least would get the "with" credit or something

Trailers fine. Liked the first trailer more. The CGI and greenscreening looks so flat. Ragnarok had the same problem. The most interesting part was definitely Bale/Gorr