TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

7 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

WW 1984 would have gotten B or B- Cinemascore in normal times, it got B+ score bcz it was released during pandemic where only few hardcore fans went to theatres to watch it, more GA watched it more they hated it.

That’s simply not true it’s one of the best selling home release of 2021 despite being on HBOMax like Top 3, if anything the GP doesn’t hate it AT ALL. You can’t just say based on feelings you gotta back it up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jesus, never thought Thor would be the divisive one lol. Seeing it Tuesday with family and friends, hopefully I have fun with it.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manny G said:

That’s simply not true it’s one of the best selling home release of 2021 despite being on HBOMax like Top 3, if anything the GP doesn’t hate it AT ALL. You can’t just say based on feelings you gotta back it up

IMDb 5.4, RT verified rating 73%

• Astonished 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

People keep saying "roi is decreasing" with zero actual evidence. Doctor Strange 2 did 300+ the first one, this is tracking higher than Ragnarok, is people's baseline for bombing these days literally "not a billion dollars and 90 RT"??

I don't think you're understanding what others are trying to say.

And I too find the crIteria of the $1B/90 on RT ridiculous for any franchise.

• Like 3

Kevin Feige needs to reign in his directors.

One of criticism of MCU in earlier phases was that it doesn't allow Directors to do their things, although that's what was making MCU constant, directors could do their stuff, but within Marvel constraints, which turned out not to be that bad of a thing as people say.

Whereas in this phase it seems Kevin has said to them do whatever you want to do. 

8 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

How is it Disney's fault though, Taika seems to be the one who wanted to crank it up on this movie

Not saying it's Disney's fault entirely but before he went to work for them, he made actual great movies lol. Whatever ego or money etc has happened since he went to work for them has been very bad for his creativity let's just say. (And I love Ragnarok, I just think he should've been a one and done with them).

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Feige gotta keep a tighter leash on his directors, no need to change up the formula that built the monster

Yeah, I think Phase 3 got it exactly right. Allow some tonal freedom but ultimately you're sticking to the plan. He let Edgar Wright walk because of that and I think ultimately that was the right call even if the internet was mad at the time. 

And yes, critics go somewhat lenient on MCU, there's absolutely no chance that they have only one rotten movie when some other franchises gets to rotten for just existing.

Marvel is way more consistent in terms of quality, but you can't tell that Atleast some of them didn't deserve to go under 60.

I would say Alladin which is currently rotten in RT is still better than anything Disney MCU has done since Endgame.

Anyways this is not critics are bought or whatever rant lol, cause that's just stupid, I'm just amused at this that MCU has escaped for so long as they have with some of their real weak properties.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

And yes, critics go somewhat lenient on MCU, there's absolutely no chance that they have only one rotten movie when some other franchises gets to rotten for just existing.

Marvel is way more consistent in terms of quality, but you can't tell that Atleast some of them didn't deserve to go under 60.

I would say Alladin which is currently rotten in RT is still better than anything Disney MCU has done since Endgame.

Anyways this is not critics are bought or whatever rant lol, cause that's just stupid, I'm just amused at this that MCU has escaped for so long as they have with some of their real weak properties.

I think post-Endgame they've been more accurate in their criticism. The early phases they straight up got away with murder like how  Iron Man 2 and Thor: The Dark World aren't rotten is hilarious to me. 

• Like 1

Lol idk why everyone is so salty about this one. Just saw it and it was great. Story was nonsense but no more nonsense then pretty much any marvel movie anyways, but it was hilarious and fun. A couple complaints on it but no where near as many as multiverse

Spoiler

I don't know how to delete this.

Lol idk why everyone is so salty about this one. Just saw it and it was great. Story was nonsense but no more nonsense then pretty much any marvel movie anyways, but it was hilarious and fun. A couple complaints on it but no where near as many as multiverse

Some are more nonsense than others, and everyone has a different tolerance level for that.

Edited by cedec0
fixed mistake

Saw it. Liked it. 
B for me. Had so many elements that could’ve made it an A, but soooo jokey. 

I like the actors a lot. Spectacular visuals. 
Ragnarok was epic adventure with excellent humor. This was so indulgent on the humor it undercut some of the powerful elements. 
Taika is funny and he can do drama. This was indulgent. I went in so ready to not feel that way, but darn. 

24 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

I think ppl are salty cause Ragnarok showed that this could've been so much better than it was. If this was coming off Dark World, I think most people would agree with you and just think it's a fun breath of fresh air after the dour last one. But Ragnarok exists and you can't really help but wish it lived up to that. 

• Like 1