TMP

Thor: Love and Thunder | July 8, 2022 | Directed by Oscar Winner Taika Waititi | Ninth most profitable movie of 2022

41 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

So what are we looking at for presales going live? Next week probably?

I would say next week seems like a good bet (get Memorial Day out of the way).

If not perhaps the Monday after JWDs release (so June 13).

Fun trailer, but if you look closely there's a potential here for this to be one of the weaker MCU films. Some of those effects are Terrible with a capital T. 

I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned it given 

A. how bad they look

B. that's all Twitter is talking about re: this trailer

Edited by tonytr87

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

Fun trailer, but if you look closely there's a potential here for this to be one of the weaker MCU films. Some of those effects are Terrible with a capital T. 

A. how bad they look

Nobody actually cares.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tonytr87 said:

A. how bad they look

The effects just didn't try to looks realistic. 

It's more stylistic and cartoonish, but it's very well done, that's why nobody was freaking out complaining. 

And honestly how VFX alone can make a movie to be weak? NWH have some awful scenes with heavy effects and people adored it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

A. how bad they look

Bad effects didnt stop Black Panther from breaking records.

People on the Internet generally overstate how much the GA cares about the quality of special effects in my opinion. Sure, if they are real bad, then that obviously gets noticed. But if they still look acceptable and a good story surrounds them, then most people just dont care.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Bad effects didnt stop Black Panther from breaking records.

People on the Internet generally overstate how much the GA cares about the quality of special effects in my opinion. Sure, if they are real bad, then that obviously gets noticed. But if they still look acceptable and a good story surrounds them, then most people just dont care.

No, the real VFX in the marvel movies are those muscles....that is why nobody realise the CGI was meh.  

34 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

No, the real VFX in the marvel movies are those muscles

There's a conversation to be had about how the productions of these movies have ostensibly glorified steroid use lol

Im a bit confused honestly. To me, both the teaser and the main trailer looked visually good enough? Very Ragnarok-syle but thats ofc to be expected with Waititi. But it looks colorfull, energetic and yeah ... just stylish.

Definetly better than a Zoom background lol.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Like 6

MCU SFX is mostly shit, nothing new here. But twitter acting like L&T SFX is She-Hulk level debacle is a typical fandom exaggeration. 

SFX is easy to polish but honestly I dig L&T look a lot. It's fantasy so you can get away with a bit of unrealsitic.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jeight said:

How exactly is mcu sfx mistly shit? The majority of jt ranges from hood to great. There are dodgy shots but yhat is expected from every vfx heavy franchise.

Dc movies dont have inconsistent cgi?

what does DC have to do with anything? MCU SFX isn't known to be top notch. Thanos was pretty great but the rest is between average and some "where did 200M+ go?". So zero-ing on L&T SFX when MOM zombie looked embarrassing af is just nitpicking. Also, hilarious that L&T is catching some flack with She-Hulk fiasco right there.