eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

52 minutes ago, Willowra said:

The question is, does Marvel Studios have the guts to tell the audience this officially, or will they market the movie by giving the public the impression that Reed is the lead? The way they marketed Eternals and then MoM, I really doubt they would tell the audience that Sue Storm is the lead, not Reed.

I don't see how they'd hide Sue being the lead if she is.

Grace is now claiming that Jack Quaid is in the movie, just not a member of the FF, because we don't have enough casting rumors I guess.

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I just looked up Josh Trank to see if he's ever done anything again and apparently someone gave him a Al Capone movie to make starring Tom Hardy in 2020?! And it obviously was shitty apparently. And now he's writing a Theodore Roosevelt movie?!

Why insist on him Hollywood?

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I just looked up Josh Trank to see if he's ever done anything again and apparently someone gave him a Al Capone movie to make starring Tom Hardy in 2020?! And it obviously was shitty apparently. And now he's writing a Theodore Roosevelt movie?!

Capone wasn’t bad. Wasn’t great but it was fascinating, and Hardy’s performance was insane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

That Al Capone movie wasn’t from a major studio. 

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The 2% fondness I have for this movie was because the theater experience with this movie was hilarious and I had never heard of Toby Kebbell before this movie and now he's one of my favorite working actors, so...thank you for one thing, Trank!

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'm sure someone out there wants to watch a Roosevelt movie, but I can't imagine it's many of them.

On 8/6/2023 at 1:21 PM, Arlborn said:

You could make a really good historical film abut TR, but not with Trank in charge.

A novel about Theodore Roosevelt "The Old Lion: is on the best seller list, but I doubt this is connected to it.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah part of the drama with the 2015 FF was Trank had a mental breakdown during production. It wasn't pretty.

Which might explain his incredibly self destructive behavior when the film was released. You do not bad mouth your own film two days before it opens. You just don;t. You can say what you want about it once it has opened and it's fate has been determind but his 'I made a good film. Too bad you will never see it" comment before it opened  was pure career suicide. Nobody wanted to work with him after that.

I am sure his cast felt like he stabbed them in the back.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 2:45 PM, WittyUsername said:

That Al Capone movie wasn’t from a major studio. 

Major studios will not touch Trank with a ten foot pole.

And he might be working on a script about Teddy Roosevelt, but guarantedd no major studio will be interested.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I like Matt Smith and I think he is a great actor but let’s be honest here…you need a more likeable face to lead such a franchise. Like Driver is not your typically handsome HW actor either but he has a likeable face. My English are not the best to express what I am trying to say here so I hope I won’t be misunderstood. I am not calling Smith ugly or dislike in any case. Kirby is a fantastic choice. We will see about the others.

I think he's super likable, tbh. Moreso than Driver. But I kind of get what you mean.

My BIG issue with both of them is:

tumblr_ls5bl3hS7Y1r2mheeo1_500.gif

There's no way in hell I'm gonna get lost in the movie, when I spend the whole time trying to figure out how The Doctor got in this scenario, and what's he gonna do when he meets Nebula.  

Not saying that actors can't play other roles, or be in multiple franchises.  I mean, my bae is Steve Rogers and Johnny Storm.  But He was Johnny Storm in a shitty movie that didn't have any real cultural impact.  Whereas Matt Smith's the Doctor is .. He's The Doctor. 😍 He's My Doctor, sorry Ten.

I think Matt Smith's a great actor, and I'm sure he could do it.  I just think there's a better choice.

anigif_sub-buzz-11295-1513716233-1.gif

As for Driver, cards on the table, I just can't take him seriously at all.  Everything he does is unintentional hilarious to me.  

That said, if Sue was married to Kylo Ren, it would make it SOOOOOOOO believable for her to fuck off with Namor, which is #Endgame.  So maybe we do want Driver as Reed. Hmm...

ETA:

Kirby would be fun for Sue.  She was great in the MI7 flicks.  Always interesting and captivating. 

• Like 1