eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

36 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

It doesn't sound like that was ever a thing, just that was a guess since Chronicle was.

It's a weird rumor, but the source is extremely credible. Maybe it'll just be a portion of the film and not the whole thing,

It probably wasn’t ever going to be a thing. It’s just something that came to mind when I saw that tweet. 

I think the public will see this as a soft relaunch of Marvel. It is an obvious opportunity for them to course correct. 

• Like 1

...If it ever actually gets made and released.  At the very least, I'll be surprised if the release date doesn't change...again.  Out in less than 16 months and they haven't even started shooting, yet?  Call me skeptical, but this property of course has a...storied history in film.  (Especially after Marvel's disappointing 2023, I expect some changes and resets across the board...) 

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

...If it ever actually gets made and released.  At the very least, I'll be surprised if the release date doesn't change...again.  Out in less than 16 months and they haven't even started shooting, yet?  Call me skeptical, but this property of course has a...storied history in film.  (Especially after Marvel's disappointing 2023, I expect some changes and resets across the board...) 

They absolutely are not scrapping the FF. 

Of course Marvel in all likelihood will make one more attempt (for the first time, from their own creative control) at FF... but if this one doesn't work out, I expect the property to go into hyper-sleep for a couple decades. 😄  But seriously, call me when production starts. 😄  Like I said, after this past year, Marvel/Disney are obviously now looking very closely at all upcoming projects (the TV projects upheavals have obviously been reported about, already), and they won't be pressing the green light on anything until they're sure they're absolutely ready for prime-time.  They already missed the golden "2024" date for FF, sadly...

42 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Of course Marvel in all likelihood will make one more attempt (for the first time, from their own creative control) at FF... but if this one doesn't work out, I expect the property to go into hyper-sleep for a couple decades. 😄  But seriously, call me when production starts. 😄  Like I said, after this past year, Marvel/Disney are obviously now looking very closely at all upcoming projects (the TV projects upheavals have obviously been reported about, already), and they won't be pressing the green light on anything until they're sure they're absolutely ready for prime-time.  They already missed the golden "2024" date for FF, sadly...

Why would 2024 be a golden date? Because it ends with a four? 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Gladiator, Fantastic Four, Mandalorian movie. All filming in the same calendar year.

Pedro Pascal may have the greatest agent in the world.

Yeah I'm not sure if he can do all three.

4 minutes ago, YM! said:

Yeah I'm not sure if he can do all three.

I think it can work if Mando is late in the year. It also says "production in 2024" so there's technically wiggle room for that to not necessarily mean filming.

Both Mando and FF are Disney, so it's not like they wouldn't know Pascals schedule. Plus with Mando they don't technically need him on set every day (though I'd assume the expectation of him on set would be higher with a movie)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

He also has TLOU 2 next month, so four. But I think it's possible. The only one where he needs to be on set for the majority of the filming schedule is Fantastic 4.

True. It's also possible they film late 2024 vs the heyday going on currently.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Both Mando and FF are Disney, so it's not like they wouldn't know Pascals schedule. Plus with Mando they don't technically need him on set every day (though I'd assume the expectation of him on set would be higher with a movie)

Both true. I also guess that the recent reports of FF moving filming from March to May indicate they’re willing to accommodate Pascal’s schedule so he can do Weapons, then Last Of Us before jumping into FF.

speaking of which, did no one ask him about this at the Golden Globes recently? Feel like that’d be a prime interviewer question.

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Both true. I also guess that the recent reports of FF moving filming from March to May indicate they’re willing to accommodate Pascal’s schedule so he can do Weapons, then Last Of Us before jumping into FF.

speaking of which, did no one ask him about this at the Golden Globes recently? Feel like that’d be a prime interviewer question.

Hmmm...yet again pushed back...   And Hmm...well, perhaps because publicists were *told* not to... perhaps because it's still closer to 100% that Pascal will do The Mandalorian and Last of Us, and I'd say more like 75% doing Fantastic Four... nothing has been officially announced on FF casting, and I think there's a reason for that.  Contract negotiations...and the other two or three unknowns being rumored are surely not the cause of the delays...

Edited by Macleod

27 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Pedro can easily fit it all in. The issue will be with reshoots and scheduling those.

Questin is how much his work will suffer by his spreading hmself too thin? When somebody overloads himself, the quality usually suffers.

I guess if he tries, he could fit in this movie, but this will have sequels and all that stuff. Pedro is hot property right now, maybe he doesn't want to almost exclusively play in CBMs. The best solution is to go with someone less booked