sfran43

Weekend Thread: Top 5 Actuals- The Lion King $76.62M | OUATIH $41.08M | SM: FFH $12.45M | TS3 $10.45M | CRAWL $4.06M

So the same people who pass the last few days attacking TLK and hoping people hate it just to see a failure are mad because OUATIH is getting an average reception from public? Interesting.

Excited to see Hollywood anyway, but people should take a lesson from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I think B as negative but 5 as positive.

Just a psychatic thing; anything less than A looks a bit down.

Interesting, I imagine it differs from country to country.

Here at school, C is a pass, D is a fail, so that's why I see C as positive.

The A / B / C / D / F

five point system lines up with the five star system so C to me, means three stars out of five. B is four stars, A is five stars.

And I consider 3/5 stars to be good

Edited by Avatree

As usual the TLK is getting severely low-balled just like last weekend. It will come in likely 24-25M for friday and 4-5M higher then saturday est and final 2-3M higher then Sunday est. 

=83.7M

Edited by Geo1500
  • Haha 1

I never understood the american/british (?) rating system:

A

B

C

D

F

Where is that poor, innocent E?? Here in Germany, we have mainly six grades: 1-6, 1 beeing very good and 6 beeing very bad. But we dont exclude the 5.

Is there a reason for this? Am i beeing ignorant?

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Oh, so some people who liked TLK are now being laughed at and ridiculed by those who didn’t? Huh? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m not laughing, film is subjective. As are opinions.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I never understood the american/british (?) rating system:

A

B

C

D

F

Where is that poor, innocent E?? Here in Germany, we have mainly six grades: 1-6, 1 beeing very good and 6 beeing very bad. But we dont exclude the 5.

Is there a reason for this? Am i beeing ignorant?

We have E here in the UK, think it's just Americans who skip E. They think the letters refer to words. F for FAIL.

Also nice to have you back Brainbug. Glad you're shite film flopping has not deterred you permanently from this site.

Edited by Avatree

Just now, Avatree said:

We have E here in the UK, think it's just Americans who skip E. They think the letters refer to words. F for FAIL.

There used to be E but I think they wiped it out years ago.

You have to like the movies I like and dislike the one's I dislike.  There can be no middle ground or difference of opinions.

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, a2k said:

Never imagined TLK wouldn't do 2x Aladdin before Aladdin released. Was guessing 3-4x beginning of the year :lol:

Right now 1.60-1.65x Aladdin's ~360 dom looks possible.

If Aladdin sees Labor Day expansion TLK might miss 1.5x

I found out about the E grade according to an article:

https://amp.businessinsider.com/why-there-is-no-e-grade-2014-9

In the 1930s, as the letter-based grading system grew more and more popular, many schools began omitting E in fear that students and parents may misinterpret it as standing for “excellent.” Thus resulting in the A, B, C, D, and F grading system. According to mentalfloss.com, “Recent surveys show that letter grades are [now] the most common grades used in elementary and secondary schools and two- and four-year colleges and universities.”

• Haha 2