Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

13 hours ago, Rthanos said:

say around lc5.5, around lc4.2 3 days. DP2 3.4, AIW 1.1

looking  around lc4.6 4days lc5.8

8 hours ago, MonstersandRoy said:

$10.3m is the reported 4 day opening for Solo in the UK, so quite a bit more than was mentioned earlier by rth. Even if the number is true, it's still dreadful.

Maybe on planet Tatooine

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Sun is a valuable commodity in this country. A BBQ is far more important than a movie. 

Being outdoor and enjoying your life in general>>>>>>>a movie/a movie's box office. 

• Like 1

it's a bit weird because like objectively we really don't have that much cold and rain, but yeah when it's hot we become convinced it's the only day of the year that will be hot therefore need to make the most of it...

Does not surprise me that no one has gone to the cinema this weekend but still pretty sad for star wars. under 5M opening weekend is just horrific no other words for it.

On 5/28/2018 at 9:46 AM, GraceRandolph said:

The UK is at fault for IW failing to reach 2B WW.

Few q's for you

a) how old are you, wondering if you a young professional

b). what joy do you get from starting arguments, aggrivation

While it's all fun and games to criticize a movie for it's boxoffice blunders/flop. You're inciting strong reactions (trolling) from forum-ers with you schtick. It doesn't seem like you hate/dislike Avengers, but you're clearly lambasting "predictions" made by others when the movie was clearly on a high note after it's huge os/domestic opening weekend. 

It's one thing to mock/criticize others about failed predictions, but do you really have to do it on so many threads and ruining viewerships from this many fronts ???

The movie is clearly not flopping even with such high expectations. It seems like most people on the board cited 1B OS-C, 2BWW, 400M China expectations while only a handful of forum-ers might forecasted 1.4OS-C, Titanic WW, 500+China in the beginning. 

What joy do you receive from repeatedly trolling and mocking? I'm hoping you're a younger chap and that you'll learn that just because you're an internet alias and this forum is an open domain, it doesn't mean you can neglect all social etiquette. 

11 minutes ago, boxofficefreak said:

Few q's for you

a) how old are you, wondering if you a young professional

b). what joy do you get from starting arguments, aggrivation

While it's all fun and games to criticize a movie for it's boxoffice blunders/flop. You're inciting strong reactions (trolling) from forum-ers with you schtick. It doesn't seem like you hate/dislike Avengers, but you're clearly lambasting "predictions" made by others when the movie was clearly on a high note after it's huge os/domestic opening weekend. 

It's one thing to mock/criticize others about failed predictions, but do you really have to do it on so many threads and ruining viewerships from this many fronts ???

The movie is clearly not flopping even with such high expectations. It seems like most people on the board cited 1B OS-C, 2BWW, 400M China expectations while only a handful of forum-ers might forecasted 1.4OS-C, Titanic WW, 500+China in the beginning. 

What joy do you receive from repeatedly trolling and mocking? I'm hoping you're a younger chap and that you'll learn that just because you're an internet alias and this forum is an open domain, it doesn't mean you can neglect all social etiquette. 

Saying that a movie could have been bigger in a market is not trolling. I wasn’t even attacking anyone. And you are right about me not hating avengers since I’m an actual MCU fan. I wanted the movie to hit 2B and feel tricked and betrayed by the predictions here. 

As for my age: I’m young but I’m not that young, old but I’m not that old.  

12 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Saying that a movie could have been bigger in a market is not trolling. I wasn’t even attacking anyone. And you are right about me not hating avengers since I’m an actual MCU fan. I wanted the movie to hit 2B and feel tricked and betrayed by the predictions here. 

If you're accused of trolling by more than a handful of commenters, it might warrant a second assessment.

"I wanted the movie to hit 2B and feel tricked and betrayed by the predictions here" 

"As for my age: I’m young but I’m not that young, old but I’m not that old"

Duly noted.. you're older than 10 but below the age of ingenuity

Solo: A Star Wars Story – Disney’s second Star Wars franchise spin-off since its acquired the brand following Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – failed to light up the UK box office this weekend, posting a Fri-Sun total of £4.85m from 684 sites.

That number added to £1.2m from its opening day on Thursday (May 24), with a further £1.55m on the bank holiday Monday (May 28) taking it to a running total of £7.6m.

Avengers: Infinity War is now on a superb £66.2m after adding £1.2m from the three-day weekend, its fifth weekend on release, and a further £450,000 on the bank holiday.

Deadpool 2 is now up to £21.8m after adding £4.9m over the four-day UK weekend. 

https://www.screendaily.com/news/solo-a-star-wars-story-falters-on-uk-box-office-debut/5129693.article

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, boxofficefreak said:

If you're accused of trolling by more than a handful of commenters, it might warrant a second assessment.

"I wanted the movie to hit 2B and feel tricked and betrayed by the predictions here" 

"As for my age: I’m young but I’m not that young, old but I’m not that old"

Duly noted.. you're older than 10 but below the age of ingenuity

The entire world could be accusing me and I couldnt care less since I still know my true intentions.  I’m definitely not a troll - just super dramatic and expressive. 

Im in my 20s. 

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1