Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

How come UK box office feel so much  more alive than in State ? I hope this doesn't mean that Dune next week will suffer from oversaturation. 

Dune will be fine, it doesn't share the same audience as Venom 2 anyway and it's selling pretty well presale wise. 

4 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

How come UK box office feel so much  more alive than in State ? I hope this doesn't mean that Dune next week will suffer from oversaturation. 

Bond seems to have kickstarted it and made people feel more comfortable with going again. I know there wasn’t as much out a month ago, but prior to Bond you could easily go to a Friday night showing of a film and only have it be half full at most.

I reckon Spider-Man will do for the US what Bond did for the UK.

11 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Just got back from seeing Bond at the local Everyman. Those guys are the future of cinema right there, you can make a whole night out just at that cinema. Drink in the bar before the movie, dinner at your seat during the trailers, that's so damn good. 

I agree, it's a great experience. Not to diss the multiplex audiences but it was nice to be in an audience who actually wanted to see the film and not be on their phone. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Dune will be fine, it doesn't share the same audience as Venom 2 anyway and it's selling pretty well presale wise. 

Can it do 30m? Dune is too close to Eternals and Venom 2....

11 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Bond seems to have kickstarted it and made people feel more comfortable with going again. I know there wasn’t as much out a month ago, but prior to Bond you could easily go to a Friday night showing of a film and only have it be half full at most.

I reckon Spider-Man will do for the US what Bond did for the UK.

Not only States, at least I think Eternals, Ghostbuster can send the recovery into next high but I feel like large parts of the European are still having difficulty too to recover and these areas are not exactly Marvel-friendly.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I can't see Ghostbusters moving the needle a great deal anywhere outside the US, and even that feels negligible

It’s strange how little hype there seems to be for that considering it looks infinitely better that the 2016 film. I guess that film really poisoned the well. I wouldn’t be surprised if it outperformed the expectations I’ve seen here on BOT though, the Thanksgiving release should surely help it in the US.

I can’t believe how well Venom is doing in some places. Vue Stratford is surely taking the top spot this weekend. It’s 2pm, and it’s basically sold out every single show until 10:30pm. That’s 12 shows. Insane! 

Bond also similar, virtually sold out all afternoon and evening at both Stratford and Shepherd’s bush Westfield’s. Should be another huge Saturday coming u

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I can’t believe how well Venom is doing in some places. Vue Stratford is surely taking the top spot this weekend. It’s 2pm, and it’s basically sold out every single show until 10:30pm. That’s 12 shows. Insane! 

Bond also similar, virtually sold out all afternoon and evening at both Stratford and Shepherd’s bush Westfield’s. Should be another huge Saturday coming u

My 11am show of Venom was decently full. I'll always say though, Vue Stratford is massively skewed by the pricing, £6.99 for all movies in London is fucking insane value. 

NTTD

Week 0 - 4.9M

Week 1 - 32.6M

Week 2 - 22.7M (-30%)

Total - 60.2M

Spectre

Spoiler

Week 0 - 21.3M

Week 1 - 29.5M

Week 2 - 18.9M (-36%)

Week 3 - 10.7M (-44%)

Week 4 - 5.7M (-47%) Hunger Games release

Week 5 - 3.2M (-44%)

Week 6 - 1.9M (-40%)

Rest - 3.96M

Total - 95.2M

Roughly 9M behind after 2 weeks end, though 2nd week was 20% bigger than Spectre. NTTD has more competition than Spectre with Venom and Halloween releasing this week and then Dune in next week. Post that there will be Half Term holidays. 90M is very likely I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

NTTD

Week 0 - 4.9M

Week 1 - 32.6M

Week 2 - 22.7M (-30%)

Total - 60.2M

Spectre

Reveal hidden contents

Roughly 9M behind after 2 weeks end, though 2nd week was 20% bigger than Spectre. NTTD has more competition than Spectre with Venom and Halloween releasing this week and then Dune in next week. Post that there will be Half Term holidays. 90M is very likely I guess.

Could it surpass Avatar (£94M) and Spectre (£95M) or maybe even surpass £100M ?

Personally I would expect a final in the lows of £90M, maybe something between Avatar and AEG, but why not more after all ? 

is the film well received in UK ? At the critical level of the press, the public and the WOM ?

9 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Could it surpass Avatar (£94M) and Spectre (£95M) or maybe even surpass £100M ?

Personally I would expect a final in the lows of £90M, maybe something between Avatar and AEG, but why not more after all ? 

is the film well received in UK ? At the critical level of the press, the public and the WOM ?

I mean it could very well be 85-90 but I think low 90s is pretty much best case. 

NTTD final seems to like £100M at best while low end at £80M. Upcoming release: Venom 2 likely to break £8M and it will more surprising to see if it breaks £10M+, overall increase the market Share for the second. In other words, NTTD is getting more competition than Spectre.

Edited by Issac Newton

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

NTTD final seems to like £100M at best while low end at £80M. Upcoming release: Venom 2 likely to break £8M and it will more surprising to see if it breaks £10M+, overall increase the market Share for the second. In other words, NTTD is getting more competition than Spectre.

Venom won't make £10 OW...

Venom and Bond neck and neck on Friday but Bond should win the weekend.

Halloween Kills about a third of venom yesterday and will probably lose more ground over the weekend.

Addams family held off Ron's Gone Wrong comfortably, and Last Duels comes in 6th.

Bit loathe to estimate any figures as I can only see partial grosses, but Bond looks about 45% off last Friday if anyone wants to take it from there.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

Venom and Bond neck and neck on Friday but Bond should win the weekend.

Halloween Kills about a third of venom yesterday and will probably lose more ground over the weekend.

Addams family held off Ron's Gone Wrong comfortably, and Last Duels comes in 6th.

Bit loathe to estimate any figures as I can only see partial grosses, but Bond looks about 45% off last Friday if anyone wants to take it from there.

I wonder how much the bond fall is down to losing screens more than falling demand

2 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

When are we going to outgross Star Wars : The Force Awaken. (£123M) ?

I can't see anything on the horizon doing it without significant inflation. If they ever do another Potter movie with the original cast there's a chance, or a bond 10-15 years down the line, but it's not going to be soon.