Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Wouldn’t call it “ehh” because remember, Wednesday and Thursday were full wide release days, not previews. And it’s not a holiday weekend either, that’s next weekend. 

Extended weekend should have better jump considering Friday doesn't have opening day inflation.

Though I think could be due to champions league final 

2 hours ago, PhilipJ2001 said:

the older audience is strong for this one. lot of grey heads coming through

I lost track of the number of people aged 35+ saying they were planning to watch it or had already seen it at a bbq yesterday, and I didn't prompt it to anyone 😅

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Extended weekend should have better jump considering Friday doesn't have opening day inflation.

Though I think could be due to champions league final 

Nah I wasn’t expecting a better Saturday jump for it. Especially not with the great weather, yes even in Scotland today lol. 

$19.4m, so around £15.3m. Excellent opening.

There is a 4 day holiday weekend coming up with Thursday and Friday both being bank holidays, so I expect at least another £10m or so from the 4 day. Probably near £30m by next Sunday which would be $37-38m depending on ER. $40m is probably tough but we’ll see how well it holds. It’s also half term this week, but don’t think that’ll provide much of a benefit to Top Gun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Heretic said:

$19.4m, so around £15.3m. Excellent opening.

There is a 4 day holiday weekend coming up with Thursday and Friday both being bank holidays, so I expect at least another £10m or so from the 4 day. Probably near £30m by next Sunday which would be $37-38m depending on ER. $40m is probably tough but we’ll see how well it holds. It’s also half term this week, but don’t think that’ll provide much of a benefit to Top Gun.

Apart from The Bob's Burgers Movie which isn't family friendly despite being PG, there's not really anything for kids as DC League of Super Pets was moved to July.

7 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I'm curious to see how Elvis does in the UK, The Great Gatsby did over £15m total so I expect a similar total with Elvis, maybe a tad more.

I think it’ll do well. 

The trailer was attached to both Doctor Strange and Top Gun for a start. And we usually love a jukebox musical. 

Top Gun looks busy today, and pre sales for Wednesday are basically acting like a Friday night. Expecting a huge 7 days coming up, and a soft drop today. 

Wonder if this has a chance at £50m. That would be quite something, but the arrival of Jurassic World might stop that from happening by taking its premium screens. The two can co-exist though. 

• Thanks 1

HUGE! That means 3-day weekend was around £11.2m. Sunday drop must have been very small. Up £0.6m from estimates. 

£15.9m is also just over $20m with current rates.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

HUGE! That means 3-day weekend was around £11.2m. Sunday drop must have been very small.

Could be 11.5m probably without CL final ?

3 minutes ago, Heretic said:

HUGE! That means 3-day weekend was around £11.2m. Sunday drop must have been very small. Up £0.6m from estimates. 

So it is true? the premium leagues final impacted Saturday bump.

Possibly could have had a bit of an impact with an English team in the final, but I don’t think anything that significant.

A lot of people are off work this week to take advantage of the three day working week, so that’ll also have boosted Sunday evening shows. 

• Thanks 1