Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

30 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Fabelman’s isn’t out until the following Friday, the 27th. 

At my first local, Avatar keeps all PLF’s (again) and at the other it loses only 3 PLF showings to Babylon.

Babylon is also rated an 18. 

Fabelmans has an advanced release in Leicester Square at least, has the Superscreen at the Cineworld and Dolby at Odeon West End

• Like 1

Regardless of whether or not it's down to the barren landscape of UK cinemas over Christmas, the Whitney biopic very likely getting to £10m is a pretty great achievement, and a big surprise. 

My cinema's Aftersun showing had good numbers on Monday, but it's only being shown once a week.

Seems like a good healthy opening for M3gan.

36 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

FABELMANS is out in several cinemas as a preview week. Not that it effects A2 in any way. Should do well. Will be interesting to see how BABYLON does. Studio pushed the UK marketing, hoping to save face in this market. Don't see it happening.

Yeh, I haven’t had the Fabelman’s trailer even once. But Babylon is everywhere. 

I had Fabelmans before A Man Called Otto the other week, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it. I’m bloody sick of the Babylon trailer though, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve seen it now, and it always looks like a self indulgent load of crap. Definitely seems more akin to La La Land than Whiplash or First Man.

Avatar held off Babylon. That’s good news because with the over saturation of those adverts and loss of screens, it seemed like a real threat this weekend. I bet The Guardian was hoping and praying for A2’s demise in week 6. 

Edited by todos
  • Haha 2