baumer

Top 30 films of 1989 (baumer's favourite year)IMDB is the source...if it's 1989 on IMDb it qualifies...Aug 25th is deadline

50 minutes ago, baumer said:

Sorry, if it is not on BOM, then as long as it is imdb, and this one is, then it is fine.  IMDB says its 1989, so it counts.

Nice. This makes The Killer, Tetsuo, Black Rain (the Japanese one @terrestrial), Society, Santa Sangre, The Unbelievable Truth eligible too. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Keep thinking of this and cracking up tbh. Only on BOT

What's wrong with that? Sharing popular films to suggest for people to watch...?

6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

What's wrong with that? Sharing popular films to suggest for people to watch...?

Encouraging people to watch movies they haven't seen, then listing the one group of movies they are most likely to have seen already.

Edited by Jake Gittes
  • Like 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Encouraging people to watch movies they may not have seen, then bringing up the one group of movies they are most likely to have seen already.

I suppose so. Think he's referring more to the millennials who haven't really seen any films from the year. (aka myself) But yes you are right lol.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Nice. This makes The Killer, Tetsuo, Black Rain (the Japanese one @terrestrial), Society, Santa Sangre, The Unbelievable Truth eligible too. 

Really sucks that a Japanese movie called Black Rain and a xenophobic piece of trash American Black Rain both exist, and the American one fucked with the release of the Japanese one.

23 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Really sucks that a Japanese movie called Black Rain and a xenophobic piece of trash American Black Rain both exist, and the American one fucked with the release of the Japanese one.

At that time non-Western-world titles were difficult to find anyway, no matter if there was something with the same name (and very very loosely connected) or not.

Story-wise there is no overlap at all, could not be more different than those two movies

Just now, terrestrial said:

At that time non-Western-world titles were difficult to find anyway, no matter if there was something with the same name (and very very loosely connected) or not.

Story-wise there is no overlap at all, could not be more different than those two movies

Yeah I just heard about it from Roger Ebert's reviews.

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Yeah I just heard about it from Roger Ebert's reviews.

He only wrote that they probably waited till 1990 to avoid cunfusion, as bith have the same title.

1 hour ago, Jake Gittes said:

Keep thinking of this and cracking up tbh. Only on BOT

It's a starting point Jake. I would bet more than half the members on this site are not even born yet in 1989.

• Like 3

1. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

2. Do The Right Thing

3. Heathers

4. Sex, Lies and Videotapes

5. Say Anything

6. Dead Poet’s Society

7. The Killer

8. Glory

9. The Abyss

10. The Cook, The Thief, The Wife & Her Lover

11. Kiki’s Delivery Service