grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

lol "I haven't seen the movie but here's my opinion on it anyways"

dumb

That didn't seem as much of an opinion on the movie itself but an expected reason hardcore fans (who dislike change) wouldn't like it so namecalling is kinda mean.

But yeah that "twist" (it was obviously building to it) was something I actually liked. The characters of Matrix (even in the GOAT original) weren't exactly shrines of personalization (not a bad thing, lots of world building needed to be done) so it was nice to see some happen.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:03 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

After Jatinder's update even $50M sounds optimistic. It'll likely barely squeak past $20M over the 5 day weekend. The second weekend drop is going to be legendary. 80% would be amazing to witness.

Ultimately, this is the latest in a long line of movies tarnished by the sins of their fathers. Add the HBO Max effect and Endgame 2 to that, and you have the perfect gigaflop.

In hindsight, I think this would have at best underperformed no matter what. Audiences simply didn't ask for a fourth Matrix movie, and the word of mouth I'm seeing so far indicates that the movie doesn't give a particularly strong argument as to why it should exist.

Either way, Discovery has their work cut out for them. WB is beyond ****** once the merger closes next year.

On 12/23/2021 at 2:53 PM, Krissykins said:

But, barely squeaking past a $20m 6 day from a $6.2m Wednesday? At this time of year? It’ll be closer to $30m if not above. 

I owe you an apology lol. I didn’t think a film could do this poorly with this release date. Sorry. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

No, she made a good and different enough movie that make them freakout and being loud as usual.

It’s good if one is high or drunk yes . It’s a good movie as a spaceballs like mockery. If you see it side by side the original the cinematography looks worse than a movie from 1999. The martial art looks slower and amateur compared to 20 years ago. The movie is cynical where it mocks the original matrix but suddenly in 2nd half it fully embraces what it had just mocked in first half . It’s trying to have its cake and eat it too. There is not a single iconic image or moment in the film. Hell even in the worse of the trilogy revolutions the movie had some amazing visual moments . Here ? Lol and don’t get me started on acting. You have a 2nd rate impersonator of agent smith who screams “mr Anderson and I laughed so loud I spilled my lo mein on the carpet. And then there is the Morpheus wannabe who says I am Morpheus in a weird way and then we get some jittery shaky came moment of him making fun of glasses. Wtf 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

It’s good if one is high or drunk yes . It’s a good movie as a spaceballs like mockery. If you see it side by side the original the cinematography looks worse than a movie from 1999. The martial art looks slower and amateur compared to 20 years ago. The movie is cynical where it mocks the original matrix but suddenly in 2nd half it fully embraces what it had just mocked in first half . It’s trying to have its cake and eat it too. There is not a single iconic image or moment in the film. Hell even in the worse of the trilogy revolutions the movie had some amazing visual moments . Here ? Lol 

So everything you taken from the trilogy was cool visual moments and martial arts? LOL 

You didn't give a single reason other than that to why anyone that likes Ressurections is "high or drunk".

You know, sometimes people can like what you think is terrible and they're not wrong for disagreeing with you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

So everything you taken from the trilogy was cool visual moments and martial arts? LOL 

You didn't give a single reason other than that to why anyone that likes Ressurections is "high or drunk".

You know, sometimes people can like what you think is terrible and they're not wrong for disagreeing with you.

Resurrections has none of the following which makes the matrix a sci-fi classic 

- it’s look and feel 

- it’s philosophical core 

- it’s taking itself seriously while being good 

- it’s action sequences

- cinematography and cgi 

resurrections is worse than even revolutions in many aspects in all these. 

• Like 1

Resurrections Is the kind of movie where the creator says, I will not give the audience what they crave, I will not give them the familiar what they found so good about matrix, I am going to make it meta and take itself not seriously 

half the audience will eat it up because “different” with oh my so different this is art I like it.

half the audience will say wtf is this crap . 

and in time when the high is gone from holiday season the eat it up crowd will join the wtf crowd because you don’t make a movie with its uniqueness and flip and say here’s something new you should like when the audience , look at BO. Doesn’t care for 

I think the problem here lies so very much in the execution. 

It got two interesting premisses, the Trinity & Neo angle and Neo’s Am I Going Crazy. These in itself presented as an interesting and exciting follow-up to the older movies.

But the execution is so violently bad it’s crazy. From a technical pov, nothing even exceeds mediocrity, which is unexpected since even the director's misfires are well crafted. The older sequels, especially, are pretty great in that regard.

I haven’t seen anyone mention how choppy the editing is. There were several times I thought to myself just let the sequence breathe goddamnit. Blocking is another thing here that’s unbelievable bad, like are you pursuing doing this in the most insipid way?

Honestly, this feels like one of those Asylum knock-offs and I’m gonna pretend it doesn’t exist.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

This really is like a mini-TLJ isn’t it, being told I’m wrong for liking something is taking me right back to Christmas 2017 😂

The ´´some people are pretending to like it because it´s different so it must be art´´ argument make me laugh so hard

Pretty much affirms that people who think wtf is this crap is obviously right no matter what argument they have but people who liked it is high, drunk or forcing themselves, lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

This really is like a mini-TLJ isn’t it, being told I’m wrong for liking something is taking me right back to Christmas 2017 😂

TLJ was disliked by some because people felt the character motivations were not in line with original trilogy and the previous film but TLJ kept the same feel, better cgi , amazing cinematography and kept its playfulness . TLJ was a good movie regardless of character issues or non issues 

matrix revolutions sucks because it transferred NOTHING from original trilogy and is just a bad movie. It’s a badly directed movie . It’s a badly edited movie. It’s got bad cgi and bad cinematography. 

nothing like TLJ 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Knock It Off 1

5 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

matrix revolutions sucks because it transferred NOTHING from original trilogy and is just a bad movie. It’s a badly directed movie . It’s a badly edited movie. It’s got bad cgi and bad cinematography. 

All of that is just your personal opinion, an opinion that you’re more than entitled to, but it doesn’t make it the correct opinion that the rest of us have to fall in line with. I didn’t have a problem with any of the things that you mentioned and didn’t find any of it to be “bad”. I’m not going to waste my time or yours trying to convince you otherwise though.

I fully understand why some people may not like this film and I respect that, but there’s also people like me who DO like it, we’re not “drunk” or “high”, it just worked for us.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

All of that is just your personal opinion, an opinion that you’re more than entitled to, but it doesn’t make it the correct opinion that the rest of us have to fall in line with. I didn’t have a problem with any of the things that you mentioned and didn’t find any of it to be “bad”. I’m not going to waste my time or yours trying to convince you otherwise though.

I fully understand why some people may not like this film and I respect that, but there’s also people like me who DO like it, we’re not “drunk” or “high”, it just worked for us.

That’s true. Some People liked suicide squad too. You are right 

7 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

That’s true. Some People liked suicide squad too. You are right 

I mean…yeah, exactly. I may not like the 2016 Suicide Squad, but it doesn’t mean that others can’t like it. Likewise I’m sure there’s plenty of fans of that film that don’t like the 2021 Suicide Squad. Doesn’t make either person the authority on the subject, it’s just that both films appeal to different people.

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

TLJ was disliked by some because people felt the character motivations were not in line with original trilogy and the previous film but TLJ kept the same feel, better cgi , amazing cinematography and kept its playfulness . TLJ was a good movie regardless of character issues or non issues 

nothing like TLJ 

Every single point you make here is arguable...

• Like 3