grim22

The Matrix Resurrections | December 22 2021 | Keanu, Lana Wachowski back

12 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I think it’s safe to call this a dead franchise. People simply just don’t care anymore. 

Yup. This film is a franchise killer...Or, is it? I don't know. I can see them making a HBO MAX series without Keanu that takes place in the Matrix world. Maybe, I don't know. If Netfilx did something like that, it would get cancelled after a season.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Movie's great. Gonna generate some of the most annoying takes since TLJ.

Not really. I don't think the people who dislike this movie hate it like TLJ. TLJ is a very different beast and shouldn't be compared to this. It's unlikely we get another TLJ level film unless Feige decides to shit the bed with the MCU and does something that pisses off a lot of people.

Ok just gave up on this movie 45 min in. It's a total mess guys. Much worse than the 66% RT!  Probably close to a zero. If I'm giving up that is it must be total trash .Total mind fark movie.  

Plot makes no comprehensible sense  and totally incoherent. 

I'm going to give it 2, fucking

stars on IMDb. 

And fyi am matrix fanboy and gave the original 10/10

Edited by Halba
  • Knock It Off 2

8 hours ago, Last Man Standing said:

It dropped to 6.0 on IMDB, which is crazy low for a blockbuster on the first weekend of release. The Wachowskis simply have not connected with audiences in about 20 years.

I wouldn’t pay attention to the IMDb score, no doubt the incels are having a shit-fit over certain plot points and spamming it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Halba said:

Ok just gave up on this movie 45 min in. It's a total mess guys. Much worse than the 66% RT!  Probably close to a zero. If I'm giving up that is it must be total trash .Total mind fark movie.  

Plot makes no comprehensible sense  and totally incoherent. 

I'm going to give it 2, fucking

stars on IMDb. 

And fyi am matrix fanboy and gave the original 10/10

You do realize that the RT score is not a personal rating, yes?

A movie cannot be worse than its RT percentage, because the RT percentage doesn't talk about how good of a movie it is. It only tells you how many of the reviewers like and disliked it.

"I hated a movie so much, no one else could possbly like it" is obviously not a logical argument. A negative vote is a negative vote, it couldn't possibly make a positive vote disappear. How much someone likes or dislikes a movie has nothing to do with this score. Now if you looked at it's average rating, or imdb rating instead, the argument would make a bit more sense.

Absolutely horrible movie.

The entire movie is basically Exposition, really long exposition, exposition, shit action sequence, really really long exposition, exposition, exposition, exposition, incredibly underwhelming final action sequence, exposition and then it's over and you think no wait that's not it is it, because if it is then what was the point? two and a half hours, there's no story and it feels like half a film. 

• Thanks 2
  • Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Idk, reception seems pretty divisive so far.

Sure, I just think it’ll be more boringly divisive than excitingly divisive. I don’t see people who disliked this one wanting to stick around and argue about it like TLJ.

9 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Sure, I just think it’ll be more boringly divisive than excitingly divisive. I don’t see people who disliked this one wanting to stick around and argue about it like TLJ.

Idk people are still bitching about the other matrix sequels. 

Annoying Movie Insiders: "This new Matrix is going to be divisive. Controversial. The Public will debate over the films merits and messages for months maybe even years after release" 

The Public: "They made a new Matrix?"

Edited by AJG
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1