RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

This trailer, if anything, made me glad that the Hemsworth iteration of Star Trek 4 never got made, as that had this director attached. A CW fanfilm aesthetic is the last thing either that brand needed, or Spider-Man and Marvel need.

Wasn't that supposed to be the Abrams one? I think they moved on from the Hemsworth angle by the time Clarkson was on.

Weirdly this trailers being promoted by the main Marvel Entertainment accounts, Twitter/YouTube etc, which I believe the previous Sony movies were not. Maybe part of their new deal?

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Weirdly this trailers being promoted by the main Marvel Entertainment accounts, Twitter/YouTube etc, which I believe the previous Sony movies were not. Maybe part of their new deal?

Disney being like "Yo, guys - looks like Sony can make The Marvels look good by comparison. Let's promote it."

Edited by reddevil19
  • Haha 5
  • Knock It Off 2

50 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Wasn't that supposed to be the Abrams one? I think they moved on from the Hemsworth angle by the time Clarkson was on.

Good catch, big chance of that.

And dang it, now I want a Star Trek 4. Into the Darkness was pure entertainment 

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

seems was true that it's a marvel studios coproduction

• Knock It Off 1

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I stand corrected, they also did it for Across the Spider-Verse (even back when it was called Part 1), so if it's part of a Sony deal it's not a new one.

makes sense, there was a mcu character in the movie ( without counting postcredit)

18 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I see absolutely no proof that this film was a co-production with Marvel Studios, so I don't know where anyone is getting that from. The Spider-Man movies look like MCU movies, Madame Web does not. 

there were thing about that months ago

Edited by fede75

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean the Marvel Studios one isn't promoting it, and their logo isn't in the title or credits. It's just the standard "in association with Marvel" one

true but is weird kraven isn't being promoted by marvel entreteinment like madame web

5 minutes ago, fede75 said:

true but is weird kraven isn't being promoted by marvel entreteinment like madame web

Maybe? But Marvel Studios didn't produce Spider-Verse (even though there are MCU references, but Sony can do those without Marvels involvement like they did with Venom 2s ending)

I feel if Marvel Studios was more directly involved they'd have that all over the promo.

Edited by SpiderByte