RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

I love this this is a fresh review:

“A clunky, goofy, mess. However, there’s an ultimate joy in this ham-fisted adventure. Unintentionally hilarious dialog, corny villain, cringeworthy moments, lazy Easter eggs, a superb ensemble of cheesy performances lead to an ironically enjoyable romp.”

February 13, 2024 | Rating: 3/5

this is exactly the kind of vibe I expected and hoped for. 

Sorry Quantumania and Eternals, I don’t like being bored. But I like having this kind of fun. 

Venom 30%
Morbius 15%

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2

18 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Also, this fan-driven superhero piece is starting off at 23%. And scores for these usually go down as more reviews are published. I'll leave you all to be the judge of that.

what fans? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I love this this is a fresh review:

“A clunky, goofy, mess. However, there’s an ultimate joy in this ham-fisted adventure. Unintentionally hilarious dialog, corny villain, cringeworthy moments, lazy Easter eggs, a superb ensemble of cheesy performances lead to an ironically enjoyable romp.”

February 13, 2024 | Rating: 3/5

this is exactly the kind of vibe I expected and hoped for. 

Sorry Quantumania and Eternals, I don’t like being bored. But I like having this kind of fun. 

Venom 30%
Morbius 15%

There are reviews calling Madame Web boring, though.

Why was this even greenlit to begin with? The character is only known to those who are Spider-Man purists. SONY seemingly wants nothing to do with it. Dakota Johnson looks like she's being held at gunpoint to promote it. I didn't even know it was coming out this weekend. Deadpool 3 has completely overshadowed anything related to this film.

I'll be generous with a 30M OW, but I'm thinking low to mid 20's is the ceiling.

Edited by ThePhasmid