Eric Prime

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Hmm, 50% over TROS?

Well that was quite the change :). That would be more than 12x Eternals. I would be fine with O/U TROS day 1 (estimating at 270k/140k) for your club to succeed. Can even be slightly under but not too far.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Alright that'll be the target then. TROS 24HR Sales or Bust!

Maybe a bit under, thinking about it. For your club you probably want at least 35m previews. TROS was 40m, factoring in SW being a bit more presale heavy (though for a film like this, the difference would be less) would probably want at least 200k/110k between the MTC absolute minimum (i.e. 80%ish of TROS). Still, would rather see it higher to be more confident in crazy OW numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Maybe a bit under, thinking about it. For your club you probably want at least 35m previews. TROS was 40m, factoring in SW being a bit more presale heavy (though for a film like this, the difference would be less) would probably want at least 200k/110k between the MTC absolute minimum (i.e. 80%ish of TROS). Still, would rather see it higher to be more confident in crazy OW numbers. 

Not that I think it'll come into play here, but for reference do we have an idea of Endgame's 24HR numbers? 

7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Not that I think it'll come into play here, but for reference do we have an idea of Endgame's 24HR numbers? 

Ad hoc estimation I would guess maybe 1 million tickets at MTC1, maybe a bit lower? (I think it was publicly reported like $15 million gross) MTC2 all I have is 269k the week before release (on like 2/3 of the coverage we have now so that would be 400k, day 1 would probably be at least half of that but not sure exactly how much).  

Yeah. It was a monster. 

Edited by Menor

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Ad hoc estimation I would guess maybe 1 million at MTC1? MTC2 all I have is 269k the week before release (on like 2/3 of the coverage we have now so that would be 400k, day 1 would probably be at least half of that but not sure exactly how much).  

Yeah. It was a monster. 

Gotcha. I knew we didn't have hard numbers back then like we do now. Endgame's first 24 hour presales is the biggest rush I've ever gotten from tracking a film. The whole world went nuts trying to get tickets, all at once. 

18 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Gotcha. I knew we didn't have hard numbers back then like we do now. Endgame's first 24 hour presales is the biggest rush I've ever gotten from tracking a film. The whole world went nuts trying to get tickets, all at once. 

I went through the tracking thread and used some of the regional tracking to get an idea of the amount sold on day 1, Endgame's first day should have been in the 300k range for MTC2 for previews. So at both MTCs it was about 3x TROS, MTC1 a bit more than that and MTC2 a bit less. Of course all these estimates have much bigger error bars than the data we have now but it shouldn't differ too much from there. 

Now the funny thing was that even 17 days out (when I took my first run), it had 350k+ tickets sold for Friday and Saturday and 200k+ tickets for Sunday! (adjusting for the 100 theaters we gained coverage for since then). God that movie was a beast. I wonder when we will ever see PS like that again.  

Edited by Menor

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

I went through the tracking thread and used some of the regional tracking to get an idea of the amount sold on day 1, Endgame's first day should have been in the 300k range for MTC2 for previews. So at both MTCs it was about 3x TROS. 

Now the funny thing was that even 17 days out (when I took my first run), it had 350k+ tickets sold for Friday and Saturday and 200k+ tickets for Sunday! (adjusting for the 100 theaters we gained coverage for since then). God that movie was a beast. I wonder when we will ever see PS like that again.  

About 2 weeks :D 

Nah it won't be like that but it'll be the best ride we've had since Endgame, I believe. 

• Like 1

Do we think that Mysterio will be back in this as well with the rest of the villains? We've seen people fake deaths many times in the MCU and he did have his own personal drones that could make some illusions. We know that his team had some sort of plan and presumably it was directed by him, and he doesn't seem like the type to care much about posthumous revenge. Personally I'd like to see more of the character especially since he was the one that instigated the whole movie (whether directly or through his team). 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Menor said:

Do we think that Mysterio will be back in this as well with the rest of the villains? We've seen people fake deaths many times in the MCU and he did have his own personal drones that could make some illusions. We know that his team had some sort of plan and presumably it was directed by him, and he doesn't seem like the type to care much about posthumous revenge. Personally I'd like to see more of the character especially since he was the one that instigated the whole movie (whether directly or through his team). 

I thought he would be back when FFH came out, but now I’m not so sure. The movie is already mega stuffed:

Tom

Tobey

andrew

goblin

ock

sandman

Lizard

electro

strange

may

happy

ned

MJ

[redacted]

Maybe the thinking is “with all that, what’s one more?” But it also sort of breaks up the one from each prior out of mcu movie gimmick.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wildphantom said:

Campea seems to be acting on his tweets like he thinks they’re photoshopped so that’s why he retweeted them with his name on it? What? 

even so, how does he know with certainty they’re fake? They don’t look it to me.

Campea was always quite stupid.

• Like 1

It's more copyright than spoiler for Campea watermarked images that weren't his. From what I understood. I'm sure that Disney/Sony are delighted that leaks are raising the hype temperature to unimaginable levels. This won't be just fandom rush OW. Casuals will storm the theaters too. People are actually talking about this movie's team up. And when something becomes a watercooler topic, it goes stratospheric. 

NWH is going to be the first real pre-pandemic boxoffice in pandemic era.