Eric Quinn

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

My issues with the MCU Spidey movies are how they’re exceedingly superior dealing with the high school element rather the Avengers element. Homecoming has such a spiky energy in its classroom scenes and Raimi-esque soul when Tomei helps Peter prepare for the dance. But RDJ sleepwalks and the notion of Peter not needing the suit, only believing in himself is perfectly encapsulated during the scene he lifts the rubble 

My Cappy scene was tingling from bed.  Did someone say Winter Soldier is the greatest Marvel Movie Ever? Yeah. I know. It’s so true. 

Anyway. As I said in the Spoiler post that is rec’d: Andrew and the other one being in the movie are not spoilers. You cannot talk about what they do in the movie. You cannot talk about how they show up in the movie. You cannot talk about what action sequences they are in the movie. But you can acknowledge that they are in the movie.

• Like 1

Someone said Jon Watts is in top 10 directors alive. Hilarious I know. 

He may not even be top 10 when it comes to MCU directors. 
Taika, Russos, Whedon, Coogler, Favreau, Gunn, Branagh, Zhao are all better. Derickson, Black, Jonston, Reed are debatable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Someone said Jon Watts is in top 10 directors alive. Hilarious I know. 

He may not even be top 10 when it comes to MCU directors. 
Taika, Russos, Whedon, Coogler, Favreau, Gunn, Branagh, Zhao are all better. Derickson, Black, Jonston, Reed are debatable. 

He’s not even the best director named Jon in the MCU

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

Me too, i think it will eventually land in high 60's on meta like Infinity War.

Seems like both share some problems, which i think bodes well for Spidey when it comes to audience reception since IW with those "problems" was more beloved than EG afterall.

what were IG problems? It's a pitch perfect MCU movie. Russos directed the shit out of it and the cast delivered like nobody's business. Also, THAT ending.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

what were IG problems? It's a pitch perfect MCU movie. Russos directed the shit out of it and the cast delivered like nobody's business. Also, THAT ending.

Too many characters, no real beginning or end and the requirement of previous films were some main criticisms 

I actually think some of those NWH should be able to avoid. It seems that despite everything happening it firmly remains Tom Holland's movie and a sequel to FFH.

If anything I can see critical reception be similar to Civil War. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

11 minutes ago, Noctis said:

RottenTomatoes consensus is up:

Spider-Man: No Way Home thrillingly builds an ambitious tapestry of action, emotion, and generational surprises in exceedingly satisfying fashion.

what could that be? :sparta:

22 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Should just ban variety at this point.

LOL, I've just read the review and it isn't massively spoilery. They confirm T&A so how's that a spoiler? Everyone knew they were in and now that some trade confirms them it should be banned for doing what fans wanted trailers to do? I don't get it.