Eric the Ape

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

It will be “frontloaded…  for Xmas” I.e. 3x or so. The weekend will be “frontloaded… for MCU” I.e. 6x or so. The PS run will be flat out frontloaded. Bu 30M previews is enough to translate to like 540 DOM with nums above, which is like 150% above the current post pandemic record. We’re gonna be jussssst fine, it’s all gravy from here.

Edited by Eternal Legion
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eternal Legion said:

It will be “frontloaded…  for Xmas” I.e. 3x or so. The weekend will be “frontloaded… for MCU” I.e. 6x or so. The PS run will be flat out frontloaded. Bu 30M previews is enough to translate to like 540 DOM with nums above, which is like 150% above the current post pandemic record. We’re gonna be jussssst fine, it’s all gravy from here.

I stay on my $30M previews / $180M-$200M OW / $450M final predictions even taking Christmas into account.

Edited by LPLC
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Is it time to start comparing this to Force Awakens?

Nope, not by a long shot. It’s nowhere near TFA based on what I’m seeing in the UK.

Not saying it’s not doing well, but it’s not doing THAT well. After opening day the sales are nothing compared to TFA, which almost sold out multiple evening shows until Christmas Eve from presales alone.

Edited by SnokesLegs

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

Nope, not by a long shot. It’s nowhere near TFA based on what I’m seeing in the UK.

UK will be different I think. Presale-wise, given the early indications in the tracking thread, I won't be surprised if it comes close to TFA day 1 in the US. Need more data to be sure of that though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Menor said:

UK will be different I think. Presale-wise, given the early indications in the tracking thread, I won't be surprised if it comes close to TFA day 1 in the US. Need more data to be sure of that though. 

Day 1 I wouldn’t be surprised, but I’m not seeing the same level of sales into the rest of the weekend that TFA had. I wouldn’t even say it’s close to TLJ yet. I could see an argument for TROS though.

10 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Is it time to start comparing this to Force Awakens?

I think all the crashing/waiting makes it look like it did way better than it actually did.  I went to sleep empty handed, woke up and got a ticket for the IMAX showing I was wanting on the 16th.

Still gonna be huge, but I think we need to wait and see how the sales go for at least the next couple of days.

• Like 4