Eric the Ape

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

6 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

I think all the crashing/waiting makes it look like it did way better than it actually did.  I went to sleep empty handed, woke up and got a ticket for the IMAX showing I was wanting on the 16th.

Still gonna be huge, but I think we need to wait and see how the sales go for at least the next couple of days.

Live shot of deep wang’s hometown:

landscape tumbleweed GIF

I bought my ticket for 3:00 pm Thursday. Okay, Watts/Feige, you got one last chance to prove to me you can make a Spider-Man movie that is more than “fun”

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

What?! You’re telling me that Holland is continuing these movies after the obvious BS about him not wanting to be Spidey at 30? Yeah sarcasm aside not surprised, I do wish that now I assume they’ll do college Spidey is they stray away from the “big Endgame-level stakes” and more on the street crime and fleshing out characters.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I bought my ticket for 3:00 pm Thursday. Okay, Watts/Feige, you got one last chance to prove to me you can make a Spider-Man movie that is more than “fun”

What?! You’re telling me that Holland is continuing these movies after the obvious BS about him not wanting to be Spidey at 30? Yeah sarcasm aside not surprised, I do wish that now I assume they’ll do college Spidey is they stray away from the “big Endgame-level stakes” and more on the street crime and fleshing out characters.

Everyone keeps saying college but I don't see how college would be a substantially different setting than high school

Edited by SpiderByte

8 minutes ago, ZackM said:

I'd be willing to bet 100 real dollars that this does less than Avengers (2012) OW.

It will make more than Spider-Man 3 ($151M), but less than the 6-day total of Far From Home ($185M).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Everyone keeps saying college but I don't see how college would be a substantially different setting than high school

Didn’t Feige say they had a nine film plan (HS to College to Adult) also as someone currently getting their degree in college as well having been in high school three years ago, there is a huge difference, not just socially but academically.

They could dive deeper into Peter’s interests in the STEM field like in both the comics and past iterations. There’s also the relationships Peter had during college as well as more of the Parker Luck being prominent.

1 hour ago, Eternal Legion said:

Those are some horrific legs

Yes I know but I have the feeling that the film will not be good and that the viewers and critics opinions will not follow either. After all 2.5x legs is already more than AEG (2.4x legs).

• Haha 1

Couldn't get AMC to work last night, so just gave up and got them this morning when I woke up to get daughter ready for school, which worked fine.  Plenty of seats available at that time.  I got the 6:40pm IMAX and the 4pm Dolby with good seats, and the digital showings hadn't sold hardly any at all.  Definitely not like TFA around here, at least not yet.  I had to drive nearly an hour away after everything at my nearby theater sold out completely for TFA.   Not even like EG, really, once the websites caught up. It was pretty easy to get good seats this morning at my choice of shows. I should have given up sooner last night, but that darn queue kept getting down to 10 minutes and then jumping up to more than an  hour.  Argh.  Still, obviously this is going to do great, and I'm so glad to see the excitement.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Yes I know but I have the feeling that the film will not be good and that the viewers and critics opinions will not follow either. After all 2.5x legs is already more than AEG (2.4x legs).

It's not opening to $357m and holiday legs are better.

TLJ had 2.82x and you can't tell me viewers and critics lined up on that one.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LPLC said:

Based on what i heard it will be quite the contrary