Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

11 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Evan that leaked trailer yesterday got likes, right? I just think people are doing it out of habit.

True but this will be second only to Endgame in likes which just shows the excitement level for GA.

12 minutes ago, exomassey said:

This is the Peter Parker that handed over an army of killer Stark drones to a guy he just meet.

It has been established that this Peter is a young teenager who is dumb as f*ck.

Well that’s a big part of why FFH sucked. Was hoping for more of a reversal than a continuation here in the third entry 😛 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

What turn me off about this trailer is more the visual aspect.

It just looks... idk ugly. It have this grey pallette all over it which simply doesn´t go along with magic and multiverses. I was shocked that the other ´´timeline´´ have the exact same color grading of ´´our´´timeline, if it wasn´t for the older characters it would look exactly the same.

It just looks visually uninspired overall, Jon Watts is not a terrible director to deal with characters but his eyes to visuals and action are already pretty bad on the other SM movies, i was hoping that with the experience he get he will be able to pull an interesting look for this movie since it´s so different and have Doctor Strange and his psychedelic tricks, but the trailer didn´t sell me this spectacle, i´m hoping it will be different on the movie itself.

That's Marvel for you. They overuse greys and browns to add a veneer of realism, not realizing that the sets and environments need to pop whereas the magic and superpowers need to be toned down. The third act of Shang Chi is a perfect example of this. Muddy greys and browns everywhere (UGLY), and bright blowing energy blobs (UGLY) standing in for magic and superpowers. They need to reverse it. Make the magic and powers look realistic, and go apeshit with the environments. 

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

That's a bit unfair.

Parker felt the void of Stark's absence and Mysterio swoops in as a desperately needed father figure and mentor.

Of course we know that Mysterio is an evil master of illusion but Parker thought he was a superhero and friend. Let's be honest, Mysterio went through great lengths to decieve Parker and set the trap. No one would say, "wait what if this guy is an ex-Stark employee who created these monsters with SFX".

But who would give it to a hero in a world overpopulated with ones to one no one really knows or has worked with. Also again, giving a teenage an army of killer drones isn’t a good idea.

• Like 2

I agree with the criticism  about the MCU films having this grey look to them. I don't remember phase 1 having this problem. I was actually watching the first Thor film the other day and to me it's the best looking one of the trilogy. I can't pinpoint when this grey haze took over but it was sometime after the first Avengers film.

9 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Ya'll think this would've been as big as The Force Awakens or Infinity War?

:hahaha:

Serious question — why not? TFA got that nostalgia boost 10 years after Sith, this is getting one 14 years after SM3. Besides, easier to make 2B in a non covid 2021 than in 2015.   

I don’t think 2B would be the baseline or anything, more of a 90th percentile target. It would require really taking advantage of the holidays with great WOM — which is not impossible but does seem appreciably less likely than 50 hours ago or whatever.

Edited by Lokis Legion

Just now, Lokis Legion said:

Serious question — why not? TFA got that nostalgia boost 10 years after Sith, this is getting one 14 years after SM3. Besides, easier to make 2B in a non covid 2021 than in 2015.

Even if it turn out good, may be China, Asia & LATAM close the gap domestically, Europe gap is just too big.

53 minutes ago, Menor said:

That last part is the worst for me. There is simply no good reason to introduce all these old characters here other than pure fanservice. This whole movie just seems like 2.5 hours of fanservice and very little story. Hopefully the movie is a lot better than the trailer but I am not convinced. For me this is the worst MCU trailer I have seen.

Endgame was 3 hours of fan service and MCU clips show with some eye rolling plot contrivances and I didnt hear many complaints about that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Even if it turn out good, may be China, Asia & LATAM close the gap domestically, Europe gap is just too big.

MCU spider-man franchise has been really underperforming the Raimi stuff in DOM and Europe (and AZ/Japan) though iirc. If it can play as more of a SM3 sequel there while still acting like MCU for Latam and rest of APAC, that’s when we’d be in business. 

Edited by Lokis Legion

12 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

I agree with the criticism  about the MCU films having this grey look to them. I don't remember phase 1 having this problem. I was actually watching the first Thor film the other day and to me it's the best looking one of the trilogy. I can't pinpoint when this grey haze took over but it was sometime after the first Avengers film.

The first time I noticed it was Dark World. Age of Ultron looked great in spite of the grey (and at least in that case it had a purpose, as much of the film was set in Eastern Europe). Iron Man 3 didn't have it, neither did Winter Soldier for the most part. 

By Marvel standards, this trailer looks pretty good. Shang Chi on the other hand? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Because DS2 actually looks like it will be an interesting story more than an long fanservice.

Kidding, because he loved the character and why work it him in a Spider movie if he can work with Strange on his own movie?

“Interesting story” Why? I mean if we look at it objectively, one movie is a sequel which involves Dr Strange dealing with a stressed out young character who makes a poor not-thought out choice (which arguably they become conveniently dumb to make said plot turn happen) which breaks reality which is also an creative excuse to indulge in multiverse shenanigans and fan service galore.

…and the other movie is NWH.

Yes I know Raimi is a better director and DS2 has Wandavision going for it Yada yada and if I had to bet, I would assume DS2 will be the better movie. I just find it fascinating how people are viewing those two MCU joints covering some of the same ground.

• Like 1