TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Ant-Man releasing in China. MCU is back!

BOB IGER IS GOD!  He truly is the Lion King. The man. The legend. Disney will keep him CEO until he drops dead.

CINEMA IS SAVED!

Also NWH got completely screwed outta 2 Billie. lmao

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, Factcheck said:

This site saying that it will do 100M+ profit by assuming that it will have 150M+ revenue in home entertainment. But Blu-ray and DVD sales of MCU movies have been down by 80% since Disney+'s launch. So its total home entertainment revenue won't be more than $50 million, as why would people spend money on DVD and PVOD when it is available on SVOD for free? So yes, it may actually go into loss if the total budget with P&A is 450M and if it makes 150M in TV rights instead of 200M.

I have issues with that site’s calculation of breakeven points. Some of what I see doesn’t make sense to me. I wonder what they are basing profit points off of. 

It may not happen in this movie but I really hope Marvel explores the different people Kang was in history - and in the future - like the comics did. Rama-Tut is the obvious example here but it would also be cool to see who he is originally in the far future (Nathaniel Richards). The most fun and interesting aspect of the character is that he has been all over time and it would be cool for Marvel to lean into that.

Like I said, it maybe won't happen in this film (though I could see them exploring his origin here) but there will be other opportunities, like Loki Season 2 and Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

It may not happen in this movie but I really hope Marvel explores the different people Kang was in history - and in the future - like the comics did. Rama-Tut is the obvious example here but it would also be cool to see who he is originally in the far future (Nathaniel Richards). The most fun and interesting aspect of the character is that he has been all over time and it would be cool for Marvel to lean into that.

Like I said, it maybe won't happen in this film (though I could see them exploring his origin here) but there will be other opportunities, like Loki Season 2 and Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.

When He Who Remains introduced himself he said he had many names so I'm fully expecting Marvel Studios to lean into this.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

I don't think it's a good idea to release WF just 10 days before AMATWQ in China. There is a big possibility of WF getting bad reviews in China, like in Korea, which will then negatively impact AMATWQ's box office.

The film will be out on streaming before the Chinese release regardless so even if it does get bad reviews it's not like you can just hide it away from chinese audiences.

6 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

The film will be out on streaming before the Chinese release regardless so even if it does get bad reviews it's not like you can just hide it away from chinese audiences.

But having a bad experience in theatres after spending money and having a bad experience at home for free are two different things. They may not want to spend money again on a Marvel movie so soon.

• Like 1