TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I would like to point out, Quantumania doesn't have to be a perfect film. It's job was building up Kang to hype up Avengers 5 and 6 and from early reactions it seemed like it did that job well. 

Marvel where the movies are just ads for other movies that are also ads

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

The more social media reactions I'm seeing, the more I think this has a serious chance at going rotten...

ATWOW had glowing, almost perfect, social media reactions and still settled in the 70s on RT

Yes but Avatar and Cameron in general have dedicated haters among film critics. Especially in the US and UK. To my knowledge marvel does not have diehard haters among this group.

• Like 1

Just okay reactions at best!

Damn and I was looking forward to the movie more than the previous MCU movies.

I enjoyed Multiverse of Madness probably more than the majority but I didn't find it great either. As for Thor: Love and Thunder and Wakanda Forever better not start this conversation now.

All the pressure is on James Gunn to deliver with Guardians 3 because the movies after that don't look interesting and promising like at all! At least for me...

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know if the MCU can take another mixed bag, especially when it’s the opener to Phase Five. 

to be honest, I am not sure whether quality matters anymore.

MCU fans are really forgiving. Like MoM didnt deter people from Thor4, Thor4 didnt deter people from BP2..

(I mean She-Hulk should have deterred everyone from everything.. Lol).

Diehard fanbase, extremely forgiving. I wouldn't be too worried.

13 minutes ago, Eric Crowe said:

Honestly it's for the best of everybody. We need new blood in the blockbuster landscape.

If MCU falls, DCU will rise, as people won't stop watching superhero movies and shows. So my question is: Is DCU new blood to you in the blockbuster landscape?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Factcheck said:

If MCU falls, DCU will rise, as people won't stop watching superhero movies and shows. So my question is: Is DCU new blood to you in the blockbuster landscape?

Nah. We can have  blockbusters beyond SH movies as seen with Maverick and Avatwo last year. This year could bring in a surprise or 2 as well. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Eric Crowe said:

Honestly it's for the best of everybody. We need new blood in the blockbuster landscape.

Ehh. This is just a hypothetical of course, but if the MCU does die and it is because it keeps putting out subpar films, that is not the same as it being replaced in the blockbusters landscape nor does it guarantee it will happen. Worst case scenario, theaters lose a massive franchise for nothing.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

If this movie also has a script issue then the lesson is clear: do not hire Rick and Morty writers to write MCU movie, they're clearly not suitable. Bring back Marcus and McFeeley for A5/A6 and the saga is saved. 

The issue is less so Rick and Morty writers and more so hiring green writers that haven’t written a film screenplay and only have TV credits.

Again I don’t think the 2020s are the end of the MCU but rather the 2010s for Pixar being the best comparisons. It won’t suddenly collapse after Quantumania but there’s going to be a certain ceiling for most films.

Edited by YM!

30 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nah. We can have  blockbusters beyond SH movies as seen with Maverick and Avatwo last year. This year could bring in a surprise or 2 as well. 

ATWOW was released in December, the movie's success has nothing to do with MCU's seemingly growing fatigue. Saying ATWOW succeeded because of MCU fatigue is like saying The Force Awakens succeeded because of MCU fatigue. As far as Maverick is concerned, we won't get movies like Maverick each year, which click with republicans, and its success also had nothing to do with MCU's seemingly growing fatigue.